• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Leicester UK

simon_m74

Hi,
I`m Simon from the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester UK.
We have many `vintage` computers/consoles to come and play on:
Commodore
Sinclair
Amstrad
Tatung
Sega
Nintendo
Atari
Oric
Sony (inc MSX)
MGT
MTX
Virtuality
Vectrex
Tandy
Jupiter
And more!

Myself, I have been part of the museum team for about 9 years, and I have an interest in Commodore Amigas, and Sinclair.
Between the museum and I, we have a collection of 6 Virtuality machines - that use Commodore Amiga 3000`s, so I``ve had to learn a lot about (trying) to fix them - hence my interest in Commodores.
I`m always looking for ideas on upgrading with out too much intervention - like a realtime clock for the CDTV using a coin cell (my next plan)

My personal collection is:
Amiga 500 - (my original one) - now upgraded, TF536 accelerator, MicroSD card hard drive, ECS Chipset, 1mb onboard (rather than 0.5chip/0.5fast), HDMI out.
Commodore CDTV - Scsi adapter, so microSD card HDD. 8bm Ram upgrade.
Custom build Amiga 3000 - built into a Checkmate 1500Plus case, using a kit I designed. (The amiga 4000 version is in design process now)
Sinclair ZX Spectrum Next - first issue.
Amiga 600 - with CF card HDD
Amiga 2000 - In all honesty - unknown; It was given to me about 3 years ago, and I only booted it once (due to space) to test if it works, and it did.
2 Virtuality machines (although one is missing an Amiga, and the other requires lots of TLC)
SGI Impact II - that I`ve just had the hard drives serviced - yet to rebuild.
Amiga 3000 Tower - well actually that belongs to the museum, but its in my collection for now, while I try to repair it, as well as remake some of the case panelwork as its missing.

Hi Simon and welcome.

Please share some "advertising" from the Museum, as this video from Ctrl-Alt-Rees:

Hope to be able to visit the museum soon!

Back