• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from The Steel City

geiser093

My name is Marcus. I am a recycler and want to learn more about some of the vintage computers I am taking in. My latest discovery was a Compaq Portable II. It is in a suitcase! The thing is really cool. I look at it and get a toy story feeling. I think of the day someone dropped some big cash on this thing and it was the best toy ever.

I listed it on e-bay for pretty much scrap price so hopefully it will find a good home where someone will appreciate it.

Welcome to the forums, Marcus! It's great to see a recycler that sees the value in vintage computers.

You'll find someone here who will know something about pretty much any machine you can find.

On a side note, what types of machines have you found? Anything new lately?

...I listed it on e-bay for pretty much scrap price so hopefully it will find a good home where someone will appreciate it.

You are instantly and forever my favorite person! I'm tired of people putting thing on ebay 10x overpriced.

My name is Marcus. I am a recycler and want to learn more about some of the vintage computers I am taking in. My latest discovery was a Compaq Portable II. It is in a suitcase! The thing is really cool. I look at it and get a toy story feeling. I think of the day someone dropped some big cash on this thing and it was the best toy ever.

I listed it on e-bay for pretty much scrap price so hopefully it will find a good home where someone will appreciate it.

Welcome to the forums!!!

I am a big fan of the Compaq Portable Series of machines, you can see my page on the II here, They are very cool machines.

I used to work computer salvage, and that's where I came across a lot of my collection, saved them from the tear down and steel pile ;-)

Welcome to the forums :) Feel free to shoot us the link to the auction. We appreciate the recycler efforts of keeping older systems in the flow :)

Welcome to the forums!

Anyone who saves (and especially enjoys the real worth) of vintage computers is certainly welcome here! :)

Enjoy it here.

Back