• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello

nstephenh

Hi I am a Teenager in North Carolina who is very interested on computers, and vintage computing technology. My oldest machines are a Mac 512k and an IBM XT. I am glad to find a site with people as interested in computers as I am.

Welcome to the forums! Nice systems you have to learn with already. What got you in to the vintage computing world?

Welcome to the forums! Nice systems you have to learn with already. What got you in to the vintage computing world?

I am not sure... I just have always been interested in computers. My parents found the 512k in the attic and I was fascinated.

Well very cool. It's funny how several generations can get excited over the same gear. It was obsolete at the time but also was able to start with an 8088 class system when my folks had deemed it not of interest to anyone but myself. They had upgraded to a 386 as our primary family computer and I finally got it as my own in my room. Read through the basic manual and started playing around as much as I could learning how to program it and get it to do interactive type chatter (chatter bot).

I never really had the opportunity for the Mac but did eventually take a programming class in middle school that was on Apple II which was fun.. other than Applesoft Basic not translating easily to Microsoft basic so I couldn't really show my folks at home anything I wrote at school lol. Still was fun that the school systems offer the opportunity.

Back