• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help ID this 486 motherboard

ibmapc

Veteran Member
I'm thinking about buying this motherboard. Trouble is, I can't find any info about jumper settings. I looked through all of the 486 boards on TH99. Some close, but not close enough. From googling "ss 486 rev p2ci"(from one of the ebay pics), I found that someone on Vogons was looking for info about the same motherboard, but sadly no info about jumpers. Does anyone here recognize this board or have the manual for it? I don't like buying motherboards without some info about jumpers.

Greg

I'm thinking about buying this motherboard. Trouble is, I can't find any info about jumper settings. I looked through all of the 486 boards on TH99. Some close, but not close enough. From googling "ss 486 rev p2ci"(from one of the ebay pics), I found that someone on Vogons was looking for info about the same motherboard, but sadly no info about jumpers. Does anyone here recognize this board or have the manual for it? I don't like buying motherboards without some info about jumpers.

Greg

Try to contact the seller and ask him to look at the flip side for some manufacturing info. Although time consuming, I've always had pretty good luck here: http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/index.html

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't touch that board; the processor is obstructing the PCI slots.

Take a closer look. Most PCI cards are short enough that they won't reach the Processor. If you look at the Picture with the video card inserted you'll see what I mean. A 486 dx 2 doesn't need a heat sink so its profile is pretty low. I'm more interested in the location of the 16-bit slots and the memory slots anyway.

Greg

While the AMD 486 DX/2 66 uses less power than the Intel part, it still requires at minimum a heatsink; Especially if stuffed in a poorly ventilated hotbox case as was common at the time.

Back