• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help idetinfing 8 bit MITSUBISHI video card

soviet9922

Veteran Member
Hi guys got lucky and purchased a brand new NOS XT clone.

gif site maker

It have a juko motherboard, but before plugin the video card to a monitor i could like to be sure for what monitor is and how is setup up.
Searched for info on the web but find nothing, maybe someone knows about the card or jumpers ?.
The video card says:
WEAL10-IRB
DC180323A
FCC ID:BGB9J5MP-91UCC
DISPLAY CONT. MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CORP (C) 1986.
RT-B
The display chip is DC462312A

Is there a configuration switch block on the motherboard?? Sometimes the clone boards have the same switch configuration as the IBM boards and SW5&6 might tell you what it is.... maybe. You might also be able to check the pinout for the display connector and see if the RGB lines are connected. Also, the crystal value 16M might indicate that this is a mono card. Interesting find! Do you have a multisync monitor that could work with either color or mono?

Also noticed the ram chips are 64k x 4bits each, so 128k at 8 bits ?? That might be EGA territory. Hmmm

Last edited:
The motherboard on the computer appears to be dead anyway no mater why y tried can get it to do a single beep.

Go over it with a multimeter and see if any caps are shorted. A lot of times you'll get lucky and it's just one or a couple shorted tantalums that need to be replaced and then it'll work again

Based on the evidence, it looks like an EGA clone. You might be able find a specific product name by dumping the ROM. When connected to a compatible monitor, it might also display the product name at boot - Of course, some EGA cards can be set to use an MDA mono monitor, and we don't know what the dip switches do.

Very nice looking system! Even if the guts are fried, I would say it was worth it. Although I would be a tad surprised if there was anything wrong with the MB other than dirt, lose screw shorting, capacitors, configuration, or bad RAM. (At least you didn't mention any leaky batteries)

Thanks for the help.

Pay like a 100 usd for it, the guy that sold this to me have several pallets of systems like this.
The battery is located on a multi - io card but leaked very little there's some damage on the io but nothing else.
Inside look 100% clean brand new no dirt or anything is like it got out of the factory.
For some reason the motherboard is a juko turbo 12mhz i have the manual, but doesn't do anything. Don't see any tantalum caps in it checked and they are no shorts only a very few electrolytic. Removed all the Ram chips and tried several combinations in the banks, but can't get a single beep out of the board.

Will debug it further today and post some pictures for the motherboard.

Last edited:
Back