• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hi Everyone!

Brian Todd

Experienced Member
Hi everyone, I am a Brit living in the Netherlands and have a love of "old things" which include pocket watches dating back to the mid 1700's but also more recent things such as vintage computers. I am a mechanical engineer so am usually able to fix most of the mechanical issues related to old computers, but I am still shy to dive too deep into the electrical side of things. I recently purchased an HP 110 Portable Plus together with the Thinkjet printer and 9114B Floppy Drive and three original IL cables for just EUR 50 :). This set had apparently been stored in a slightly damp location, so I needed to completely dismantle the Thinkjet as well as rebuild the battery pack and replacing the battery of the other two units. Result .. a perfectly working set with the exception of the Thinkjet which does not print the very top part of the letters. I was having issues transferring some old software and read that the formatting of the 9114B was slightly different to the standard PC format. This lead me to a search for the HP110.SYS device driver, which in turn lead me to this forum! I am amazed what a treasure trove of information is here, and look forward to many hours of trawling through it!

Welcome Brian also.

My son decided to learn Dutch during the Covid lockdowns... He has now started learning Norwegian 😀!

I am not sure why though, but it means he has a few more languages on his CV.

Dave

Thanks Dave ... ah well nothing wrong with leaning extra languages ... I'm actually a Scot living in the Netherlands so am BREXIT proof ... use my UK passport going into the UK and my Dutch one coming back .. hence avoiding the long lines 😂

I love the old HP stuff, even the sauce, I persume you already found the HP museum site ?
HP museum
This really helped me get my Vectra RS back from the dead, software, manuals, etc….
Haha yes I love the sauce too! Thanks for the link but yes, I did find the HP site, and particularly the manuals are a real help ... wow you have a Vectra RS .. thats a real beast!

The Thinkjet is irritating as it will not print the very top of the letters even with a new cartridge. Cannot find any continuity issues, but looking to what the museum says about them, I am lucky it works at all!

Back