• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hmmm....my website might be vintage ;-)

MystikShadows

Experienced Member
I designed my website to look and feel like a good old DOS application...does that count as vintage? ;-). it's a programming website but still....:).

http://www.ascii-world.com

Comments, flames (hopefully not too many), critics, etc etc ;-) all welcome.

that's why I posted this in the off topic category lol.

Re: Hmmm....my website might be vintage ;-)

"MystikShadows" wrote:

> I designed my website to look and feel like a good old DOS
> application...does that count as vintage? ;-). it's a programming website
> but still....:).

> http://www.ascii-world.com

> Comments, flames (hopefully not too many), critics, etc etc ;-) all
> welcome.

> that's why I posted this in the off topic category lol.

Why not, since it's all derived from CP/M v2.2?

Not bad, but some problems:

* For the Texty box look you'll need the Square cursor - have no idea how you'd get that - unless your website told Windows to alter the appearence of it, but you'd need to change it back. Then what would happen if the computer happened to be non-Windows based (e.g. Mac, 'nix based, OS/2 or even DOS itself! ;-)

* Same kinda problem with the Scrollbar, which doesn't look like a DOS scrollbar (from the EDIT program or something).

But at least there's some intent to make it look texty.

CP/M User.

The top frame is too narrow to fit all the text. Ditto for the bottom frame. The left frame lacks a scrollbar at all, so those who didn't maximize the browser at the highest resolution their graphics card can display, will have a hard time navigate the menus.

I don't know if all those issues can be solved with frames. I would have used an include (top/menu/bottom) technology on all pages and maybe make the top and bottom fixed, although there are browser compatibility problems with that approach too. Sigh.

Nice!

I've been looking myself for something like it, but I wanted a black green layout qith system font to put my IBM 5170 page on.

If anybody knows a template... one side menu will do..

I found a way to run a webserver on the AT- never tought it could.

Back