• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How much is a Fora fora LP-3896XL worth?

stan14892

I have a working fora laptop it turns on up to please insert disket. the battery works and all I was wondering how much I could sell this for because I can not find any information on this computer at all. I have included pictures please respond.
I do apologize the 9 in this is a typo.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I assume that you mean "LP-386XL" and that the "9" is a typo.

Looking at this thing, one can't help but get the feeling that one's seen this before. And that feeling would be right. Fora was a strange little outfit on North First St. in San Jose in the 80's. It seemed that they just served as a distributor for all manner of Taiwanese computer stuff. I think you could probably find this same laptop under the Veridata label and probably about two or three others.

I think Fora got eaten by AST, but I'm not certain. As far as "what's it worth" type of questions, I'm not able to answer that one.

Thank you for catching that and great information I could not find anything about this brand or not even a single computer like this one.

If I recall correctly...

I saw a COMPAQ on ebay once of that same design.

... but that's all I remember about it other than IT had a cracked case and I didnt want it. :)

Back