• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

how much is my system worth?

redbomchele35

hi everyone! i was recently given a tandy 1000 sx computer it has two joysticks two keyboards the keyboard that came with the computer and one my friend calls a modified keyboard tandy came out with it has a adapter so u can use it for the 1000's i also have a mouse, and a printer cord as well it works everyone in my house uses it to play the games till he can get the rest of the programs up and running again oh yeah almost forgot he has all the programs ever made for the tandy 1000sx course hardly none of them are games and i got the computer for my 14yr old daughter to use for her journal shes writing and play the games he said he had on them course there werent that many his interests in software tends to be more accountant than anything else so his having to dig for the games he does have on disk course he want let me have the original disks his making me copies the processor has two drives one for the large disks and one for the small ones i dont know the sizes yet im new to this i just recieved the computer 2 days ago and i started looking for manuals on the tandy and saw people selling them and was wondering what mine might be worth its in real good condition i even have a replacement hard drive if one tears up can anyone help me i have pics if would like to see what i am talking about also were could i get games for the computer and how would i put them on the computer if i got them from my modern computer?any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm sorry to inform you that the Tandy 1000SX without a hard drive is only worth about five buck$. The Tandy ColorMouse, if that is the mouse you have, can sell for as much as $50.00, as it is a high-demand item among collectors. The ColorMouse jacks into the same ports as the joysticks, bottom left front of the machine. The jacks are round DIN connectors, and the ColorMouse has a steel ball and only one button.

--T

hi

hi

hi my tandy has 4 drives 5 1/4,3 1/2,hard drive,and a virtual drive it also has a tandy combi mouse it connects to a port in the back of the processor above where youd connect a printer its programming is microsoft 5.0 has a load of different programs as well and i have a person were i can get copies of every program ever made for the business man the majority are originals he also has a copy of windows 3.1 he also has alot of dos games as well their on original disks as well my friend his a computer programmer he still uses the disks on his modern computer including all of his 5 1/4 is there anything else i need to find out about the tandy let me know like i said my tandy is a full functioning tandy with no problems whatsoever

With a hard drive it's worth somewhat more, especially if you're bundling a lot of software with it. It's still hard to say exactly what it's worth. There aren't a whole lot of Tandy collectors out there, and plenty of T1Ks around to keep 'em all happy.

--T

my comment!

my comment!

i think u need to go back to school and learn to spell! im a 34 yr old mother as well as a caregiver to my mother who is dying,im a caregiver to my stepfather who has heart disease not mention a daughter with severe asthma,a husband slowly going blind not to mention i miscarried 5months ago i have had seizures for 30yrs i aquired a new one 5months ago as well because of all the stress im under their called of all things stress seizures so u want to sit there and tell me i need to go back to school i think u need to think before u write because u never know who u may insult i get on here to relax,have fun,and do research not to be insulted by someone who thinks they know everything when they know nothing but their own little world!

Ok, your right; I appologize. We all want to have fun and relax here, dont mind me. Sometimes my New York style humor doesnt sit well with people who dont know me yet.

APOLOGY ACCEPTED!

APOLOGY ACCEPTED!

I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY AND I APOLOGIZE IN RETURN I WAS DIAGNOSED YESTERDAY LOL WITH TMJ DISEASE TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT DISEASE ITS WHERE YOUR JAWS SWELL UP AND CAUSE YOUR MUSCLES TO CONTRACT AND MIMICS A SINUS INFECTION AND BOY DOES IT HURT AND MOST TIMES ITS CAUSED FROM ALL THINGS STRESS LOL WHICH MINE IS AND I WAS HURTING WHEN I READ YOUR POST STILL HURTING TODAY BUT I FIGURED OUT JUST LIKE MY STRESS SEIZURES IM GOING TO HAVE TO LEARN SOME TECHNIQUES TO EASE THE PAIN BECAUSE THERE REALLY ISNT TO MANY TREATMENTS FOR TMJ THAT MY INSURANCE WILL PAY FOR SO I HAVE TO DEAL SOME OTHER WAY SO LETS START OVER: HI MY NAME IS REDBOMCHELE AND IM FROM ROSSVILLE,GA HOW ARE U TODAY ? WHAT IS YOUR NAME? AND HOW IS THE WEATHER IN NEW YORK?

Actually. I live in Florida now. It seems you have some physical problems. I have an idea what thats like. I have plantar-phashitis and flat feet and very bad ankles. I cant stand very long, and at night my ankles are in so much pain I cant fall asleep good. Im going to buy a bigger house so that I can use a wheelchair in it :D
I have friends in Roswell. North Georgia is one of the nicest parts of the country, in my opinion. I would rather live there, I think. Roswell is a pretty classy place.
I hope you find a cure for your jaws.

-Computer Collector

hi!

hi!

im a transplant as well i love rossville,ga much better than i did my hometown of soddy-daisy,tn my hometown is more of a summer resort town nowadays not like it used to be when i was a kid so i was glad when we moved here to ga plus the schools are better which is a plus when u have a learning disabled child.like yourself we need a bigger house as well our trailer isnt made for our needs but unfortunately we have to use what we have and we make do i hope u find a big house and until i can get mom properly outfitted with a scooter and her knee operated on and get my drivers license i want be able to get rid of this TMJ because of it being stress related but its nothing just another thing for me to ignore like i do my rheumatoid and other aches and pains i just mainly worry about my seizures their my only concern because their deadly but i have meds for them and they stay under control so i hope things work out for u and i enjoy chatting with u and i hope to keep it up your great to chat with redbomchele33@msn.com

Back