• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How to operate this XenForo forum? search? questions about use?

hjohnson

1) this forum appears to be the only one, where one posts questions about use (operational use) of vcf's XenForo forum use and issues. Correct? Wrong?

2) Is there some kind of summary how-to-use-XenForo document or help? Where is it? In the old days we called this "a manual".

3) Operational Use question - searching forums. Before I logged in, "search" was part of the top line of every page, to the right. Fine. But after logging in, the "search" tab disappeared from the top of pages I saw. I found no way to 'search" through the home > forums > etc. structure. and as per #2, no how-to use "help". Maybe it's an installation issue? It didn't seem to be an option in my "profile".

What help there is, is about what-to-post, posting etiquette, rules of use. Even searching the XenForo Web site, their help document was how-to-install and administer. I'm saying, I tried to figure this search thing out, thus my other questions.

Regards, good holidays, congrats on new forum software.

The lack of search after login, was answered in topic "New Forum Nits": it was a get-things-running problem now resolved.
The lack of how-to-use help, persists.
Apparently, there's a thread "New Forum Nits", where these questions are being discussed. I'll post the issue there.

Back