• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England HP-86 system available

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

smp

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
Good afternoon folks,

I have an HP-86 system that I am not using, and I would like to sell to someone who will put it to good use.

The system is made up of:

- HP-86B
- HP-9121 Dual 3.5” floppy disk drive
- HP-82900A Auxiliary Processor (CP/M System) with the proper boot disk
- the new HP85Disk for virtual disk drives if you don’t want to use real floppies, or to use along with real floppies
- HP-82929 Programmable ROM Module
- An 87-EMS ROM, never installed
- HP-82936A ROM Drawer, with a few HP-85 ROMs in it

Sorry, but I will be keeping my CRT monitor.

To be sure, I invested a pile of $$ into this over the years, but as I said, I’m just not using it any more, and I hate to see this good stuff going unused. I’d like to get $400 for the whole kit-and-kaboodle. I’d also like to work with someone who can pick it up, or we can meet half way in between. I’d really prefer not to go through all the expense and hassle of shipping.

Please let me know if you’re interested and whatever questions you may have.

smp

Sorry, I’m off visiting with our daughter and grandson for a few days.
I’ll post some photos early next week.

smp

It's a very nice collection at a good price and I love the HP stuff. The CP/M module would be super cool. Unfortunately, both money and space are currently limiting factors these days. Mostly space.

I didn't know about HP85Disk until now. I was aware of Anders's project, but not this one, which looks pretty nice. Need to research and see if I can replace my hpdrive-on-a-thin-client with and HP85Disk.

Scott

Well, with no interest in the entire system, does anyone have any interest in the individual parts?
I can ship individual parts as long as the buyer pays for the shipping.

smp

I had an offer for this entire system from someone. I've had it all packed up into a 24 x 24 x 24 inch cube weighing 43 pounds. For that person, the shipping cost from NH to AZ was the deal breaker.

If anyone is interested in this entire system, for the original asking price of $400, plus $30 for packing, and whatever the shipping cost will be, please let me know. I can ship via FedEx or UPS.

smp

Back