• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hp 9000 340

robbo007

Experienced Member
Hi guys,
I've got a HP 9000 340 which has the Mechanical Engineering Series 10 software installed also it has the HP 46088A table. I don't have any connectors for the HP 46088A not sure what its missing. Also does this act as a license dongle for the software as I get an error when loading the software and it looks like it looking for a license dongle or something.
Cheers,

Attachments

• IMG_7953.JPG
    IMG_7953.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7954.JPG
    IMG_7954.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7955.JPG
    IMG_7955.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7952.JPG
    IMG_7952.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 6
That is a HP-HIL port. Those cables are not easy to find.

However, I don't think the digitizer had ID module functionality (that's the "dongle" you might be referring to). Those also connect via HP-HIL. Unfortunately it probably wants a *specific* ID module.

I had an HP 360 that had an ID module, but I eventually removed it from the HP-HIL chain and it did not seem to have any effect with the software that I had installed (I only had a keyboard on the chain). I never understood how the ID modules were 'linked' to the software/hardware that required it, since when I was supporting HP servers, it was just a few years later and all we needed was the software and the codewords. Did you ever get this sorted?

The ME10 software uses the an ID module box connected to the HP-HIL bus. this module has a unique serial number which can be queried by the software.
It is possible to copy the ROM into another EPROM to duplicate such a module (the EPROM is soldered in and must be de-soldered first).
ID-modules can be found easily - should not cost more than 10$ or so.

This means you need the software AND the matching UID-Module.

The alternative would be to modify the ME10 software, of course - I have not seen such an adapted copy, though.

Back