• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HP-UX pre 5.1 versions?

Martin Hepperle

Experienced Member
I am looking for floppy disk images of older HP-UX versions for early HP 9000 systems with MC68010 processors.

The first version seems to have been 2.0 and then 2.1 and would be the most interesting.
These seem to have been followed by version 5.0 and 5.1.

Version 5.1 and some later versions are available on hpmuseum.net, but none of the earlier versions seems to have been archived.

Thanks for looking,
Martin

Alex,

thank you - I was not aware of the Society and am not a member of their mailing list.
A first look at their ftp archives seems to indicate that they are more focused on the very early Unix development, mostly on DEC systems.

I will also send a message to the classic computing mailing list.
Maybe someone has some diskettes sitting on his shelf...

Martin

Hallo Martin,

did you get any further ?
Years ago i got some 68k HPs with HP-IB drives also; but at the moment idk what os version they have.
So, eventually it may possible to help you with an image of the drive or loan it to you for a while...

Gruesse,
Kai

... unfortunately not ... these early HP-UX versions were very limited and probably overwritten in most cases by updated versions.
The faint hope is that some of the installation media (floppy disks) have survived somewhere.
Most of these systems were used with BASIC or Pascal, though.

If you have an older PC with ISA or PCI slots and a HP-IB card, you could create a disk image using the HPDISK software by Ansgar Kückes.
On the other hand I live about 1 hr north of Göttingen.

Back