• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HUGE vintage PC collection FS

I was browsing Craigslist and ran across this. HUGE vintage computer collection for sale, lots of stuff. He'd probably sell some things seperate but appears he'd rather not. Anyone in the area want to team up and purchase it?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/sys/1013054055.html

--Ryan

If I had been living in Dallas, I would have bought the lot at once. Too bad I live in the other part of the world..

Boy, would I have scooped up on that load. If only I lived closer. It would have made a good road trip so I could get out of the winter wonder land where I live, but Dallas is just to far to go at this time.

I'm sure as this recession worsens, you will see more stuff like that selling way cheap.

If I had $900 on hand I'dve bought it without question the moment I saw it, too. I'm sure if I end up getting the lot miraculously, it won't be $900. I'm a damn good barter, I'm thinking $575.80 shouldn't be too hard to convice down to. With the recession and all, people will go lower in price due to need for money, and the fact that people can't pay very high right now.

--Ryan

I've gotten some intrest from a forum member, and looks like if I can get just ONE more person in on the deal I can make this happen pretty easily. Anyone around here that might be intrested? Even not in the area, now that I am in a big city area, I can easily ship stuff. Free packing peanuts and boxes are all over the freecyles around here. In WV all I had was the boxes and small amount of materieal on hand, but now I've got the power of free stuff and UPS on my side.

--Ryan

I'd be willing to buy a few items from the lot if that'll make the total work.

The downside, of course, is that I'm nowhere near there.

Just letting ya'll know me and a few other forum members have joined up and are purchasing the lot. When the dust settles and we are done disputing who gets what, I'll post a for sale list.

--Ryan

I went and picked up the lot today. Lots of goodies in there. I took up some Intel stuff, IBM odds and ends, some terminals, other goodies. So far what I've tested works. My IBM Portable PC works perfect and is in immaculate condition. I also power-on tested the Heathkit H19, and it has a blinking cursor. I wasn't expecting more as I've not interfaced it to another computer yet. I've also collected an Intel desk-clock and an Intel weather station. The barometer reads fair weather, humidity low, and 77F inside.

I've not tested my Lear Siegler ADM 5 yet as it's in the back of my dad's Toyota and he's out running around. It took his Toyota and my S10 filled to get it all, and it all fit in the storage unit. Regardless, I put a system in his Toyota FJ Cruiser(08, for sizing) and he left, and I unloaded the rest myself, taking home a few systems to play with. I can't wait to get more stuff here and play with it. I'm going to take down the IBM PS/2 80 and mess with my IBM Portabe PC. More later. Pictures will be edited in.

--Ryan
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/UniversalRiot/Dallas%20TX%20lot/

Last edited:
I went and picked up the lot today. Lots of goodies in there. I took up some Intel stuff, IBM odds and ends, some terminals, other goodies. So far what I've tested works. My IBM Portable PC works perfect and is in immaculate condition. I also power-on tested the Heathkit H19, and it has a blinking cursor. I wasn't expecting more as I've not interfaced it to another computer yet. I've also collected an Intel desk-clock and an Intel weather station. The barometer reads fair weather, humidity low, and 77F inside.

I've not tested my Lear Siegler ADM 5 yet as it's in the back of my dad's Toyota and he's out running around. It took his Toyota and my S10 filled to get it all, and it all fit in the storage unit. Regardless, I put a system in his Toyota FJ Cruiser(08, for sizing) and he left, and I unloaded the rest myself, taking home a few systems to play with. I can't wait to get more stuff here and play with it. I'm going to take down the IBM PS/2 80 and mess with my IBM Portabe PC. More later. Pictures will be edited in.

--Ryan
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/UniversalRiot/Dallas TX lot/
I might be interested in a dumb terminal and a breadbox. Got any Tandy stuff?

If there are any 1.2mb 5 1/2" drives or 8 bit ISA cards in there (that are loose) I'd be very interested.

When do you anticipate posting a for sale list?

Totally forgot about it, honestly. Doesn't look like much is for sale, honestly. Well, now that I look at the list, there is SOME stuff.

Compaq P1 laptop--bad battery, bad CD drive. BETA version of ME
Atari 65XE in original box
Zenith Data systems ZVM-122 monitor
BMC BM12A IC Solid State monitor

Don't want to sell, don't have time to fix:
Macintosh 512K w/Hyperdrive
Macintosh 128K

--Ryan
BTW, those Macintoshes are a HUGE maybe. I'd love to keep them and fix them. But everything has a price and I fully realize that I need money.

Good to know nobody got killed over who gets what. I have seen people pool money for old Mac lots in the past and end up getting mad over who gets what (if anything).

Back