• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HW Ressources of an EIZO MD-B12 TIGA graphics card?

1ST1

Veteran Member
Hello, I am reconfiguring a nice PC based on 80386-33 which I recently purchased. In that machine I found the EIZO MD-B12 TIGA graphics card based on the TMS 34010 chip which I like to use in that machine. As the card has no jumpers at all, and I did not found a manual yet (but 4 driver disks), I would like to know which hardware ressources it takes? IRQ, DMA, IO-adresses, ...?

EIZO TIGA.jpg
The big one is the beast.

Does anybody know what is the memory size I can add on the SIMM socket? How fast should they be, and do I need SIMM with or without parity?

It seems like you may be misunderstanding the purpose of the TIGA card. It's not a conventional video card you can plug in, install drivers and have programs use it. Programs have to be specifically programmed to use it, it won't work as a generic DOS video card. The TMS34010 is what may be called an early GPU, it's designed to render 3D graphics and accelerate 2D drawing, but programs have to be designed to use the card.

This is why there's a ribbon cable going to a VESA feature connector on the second smaller card, the smaller card is for the main display and the TIGA sends data over the feature connector to overlay data on the existing display.

As for memory expansion, it uses proprietary 60 pin VRAM SIMMs. I've never seen such a module, and obtaining one will likely be very difficult. Though you have a bigger problem of actually finding software that will actually use the card first.

I am aware about what is a TIGA card and that I need an additional VGA card, thank you. But I wonder that even with linked VESA feature cable between the TIGA card and the VGA that there is still no pass through of the VGA signal to the TIGA card's VGA connector. My ATI Mach 32 works that way, but with the TIGA card it looks like that I have to use two monitors or a KVM to switch the video output. And if you inspect the driver disks I have linked, you will find driver for GEM, Windows 3.x, Autocad, MS-Word and several others.

Meanwhile I have found that the card is based im adress range C800 as if I put in an Adaptec 1542 with that BIOS adress, the TIGA card's driver doesn't find it. But still no idea about DMA and IRQ. So still no idea how to confugure the 1542, a network card and a Soundblaster to not conflict with the TIGA card.

I am aware about what is a TIGA card and that I need an additional VGA card, thank you. But I wonder that even with linked VESA feature cable between the TIGA card and the VGA that there is still no pass through of the VGA signal to the TIGA card's VGA connector. My ATI Mach 32 works that way, but with the TIGA card it looks like that I have to use two monitors or a KVM to switch the video output. And if you inspect the driver disks I have linked, you will find driver for GEM, Windows 3.x, Autocad, MS-Word and several others.

Meanwhile I have found that the card is based im adress range C800 as if I put in an Adaptec 1542 with that BIOS adress, the TIGA card's driver doesn't find it. But still no idea about DMA and IRQ. So still no idea how to confugure the 1542, a network card and a Soundblaster to not conflict with the TIGA card.

I have a SuperMac Spectrum/24 which also plugs into the VGA feature connector. It's been a while since I used it, but I think you need to install a terminator on your VGA card to get it to pass the signal to the other card. Schematics can be found online if you dig a little.

Back