• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Eastern Europe I am looking for a floppy disk Verbatim 12MB \ 24MB

Covers: Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Hungary, Belarus, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Moldova.

GW1313

I am looking for Verbatim 12MB and\or Verbatim 24MB floppy disks, for my collection, as in the pictures.
Maybe there were other sizes, but I haven't heard anything about them. Perhaps there was another producer as well, but I don't know anything about that.
If anyone has for sale please let me know.

Attachments

• Verbatim 12MB 333 TPI .jpg
    Verbatim 12MB 333 TPI .jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Verbatim 24 1.jpg
    Verbatim 24 1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Verbatim 24 2.jpg
    Verbatim 24 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 20
IIRC, those are BaFe (barium-ferrite) disks. Not being a joykill, but if so, they'll be a tough find. They (like ZipDisks) came along at the wrong time and the drives were pretty sketchy (contributing to the short life).

Does it have to be usable? I believe I have one still, going to empty one the storage lockers this weekend. Sadly this one had most the stuff I didnt care too much about. Unit was not climate controlled, just an outdoor garage persay. I dont think its going to work, but hey I've pulled a few boxes of diskettes I forgot I put in there out, and all the 5.25s are fine. Most the 3.5's are dead. :\

Oh well at least it was stuff that wasnt important. Not sure how that box got in there. Eh also gotta figure out what to do with 10-15 8hp+ snowblowers. I hoarded so much crap, at least most its useful and not junk LOL.

IIRC, those are BaFe (barium-ferrite) disks. Not being a joykill, but if so, they'll be a tough find. They (like ZipDisks) came along at the wrong time and the drives were pretty sketchy (contributing to the short life).
ED 3.5" floppies were also BaFe--and quite expensive for the time.

The floppy disk does not have to be functional. I need for my collection:). In every state that someone finds, it will be ok for me..

Last edited:
I also saw that TAKETEN was making drives. But who else made the floppy disks and what kind? - I don't know. :

The SN on the drive shows 19630. It means that they did a lot of these drives. And it follows that there should also be a lot of floppy disks.

I am fairly sure that Verbatim made all the disks and that TAKETEN was another subsidary of DTC. PC Magazine Sep 13, 1988 page 252 is part of an article covering both Verbatim and DTC and the relationship between the two. The DTC Hyperflex 24MB drive was shipped in a TAKETEN box.

I've still got my TakeTen drive in original shrink-wrap (i.e. unused). As it's in original DTC packaging, I coiuldn't tell you what the serial number is.
I usually don't unpack things unless I've got a customer for the medium. For example, I've got a stack of Caleb UHD144 drives and media; I've only unpacked one from shrink wrap to verify that it works.

Gentlemen, will it be easier for you to sell and ship your disks (HF12/24 and/or Caleb UHD 144) if I provide US shipping addresses? ;)

Yes--international shipping from the US is a time-consuming pain in the posterior. I think it was under Bush that the "small packet" postal setup was abandoned, which is a shame.

Back