• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I bought the Vic 20 games Pentogorat and Cheese and onion yesterday, could use some help burning them to a ROM cart.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I paid for Cheese and onion and pentogorat yesterday on the Itch.io website. I just finished building my Vic 20 Hyper Expander cartridge by Sven Petersen (same person who designed the Versa64cart for the C64) and I confirmed it works by writing an eprom with some utilities. Id like to try writing Cheese and Onion and pentogorath to eproms so I can load them from the cartridge. Does anyone have any experience doing that?
hJokq8.png
1AdN%2Be.png

I'm a C64/VIC20 noob, but I don't think you can convert the disk image to a cartridge. I see there is a cartridge version for sale but it looks like its physical only?

It was explained to me (I haven't tried it yet) that if you delete the first two bytes from any PRG, you can then rename it a BIN and burn it to eprom. That of course only works on Programs that have one PRG file and nothing else.

Cart looks similar on first glance to the SC-3000 BASIC III Cart, which I have burned tons of other ROMs to. For this one it seems like for dedicated game cartridges the instructions on the site are relatively straightforward. Did you get multiples of the PCB for yourself?

Back