• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I have found the Tandy Videotex and Office Information System install disks

kb2syd

Veteran Member
All 3 single sided install disks as well as the sample data. They look a little heat damaged. I'm a little afraid to try to image them.

Kind of a Schrodinger's cat of Tandy lore. Now that I have them the service both exists and yet still doesn't exist. Anyone with a known good 8" FM/MFM mixed imaging system want to take a crack at them?

Willing to pay for the service.

Kelly

Awesome. I'd be willing to image those disks for you. I've had pretty good results with my setup. No charge.

I'll get them to you along with the uscd pascal for the 16. I'll start scanning the manuals also.

I know you have the prototype MUX box. Do you think you have all the hardware to actually run a VIS installation?

I know you have the prototype MUX box. Do you think you have all the hardware to actually run a VIS installation?

VIS will run without the MUX. I think the MUX box required some additional software to load. I don't think it was included with the default install. That's one of the things I want to check.

Would this have been the server software used for Project Green Thumb or was this what perhaps resulted after some form of commercialization of that project? This is very cool.

Has anyone been able to run Model 16 Xenix etc in an emulator?

There is currently no known emulator, or effort to build one, that runs Tandy XENIX. It's a huge effort given the multiprocessor Z80/MC68000 architecture that the OS depends on. I might tackle this when I retire if no one else has by that time. I'll recruit gp2000, lowen and kb2syd. Let's talk in 12 years. :)

There is currently no known emulator, or effort to build one, that runs Tandy XENIX. It's a huge effort given the multiprocessor Z80/MC68000 architecture that the OS depends on. I might tackle this when I retire if no one else has by that time. I'll recruit gp2000, lowen and kb2syd. Let's talk in 12 years. :)

What about a Model 16B implemented in a FPGA?

I'm no expert here, however Z80 and 68000 open source cores are available, see:

https://opencores.org/project,ao68000

https://opencores.org/project,a-z80

All 3 single sided install disks as well as the sample data. They look a little heat damaged. I'm a little afraid to try to image them.

Kind of a Schrodinger's cat of Tandy lore. Now that I have them the service both exists and yet still doesn't exist. Anyone with a known good 8" FM/MFM mixed imaging system want to take a crack at them?

Willing to pay for the service.

Kelly

Any progress here?

Back