• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I inherited an enormous trove of vintage computers - want it?

wayneham

My dad used to run a computer shop in the 90's and when he passed away a couple years ago he left behind a couple hundred vintage computers: Apple II, III, Lisa 2, just about every Mac from 1985-95, Atari, Commodore, DEC, Compaq, KayPro, Osborne, IBM, more.

It was not stored well but much of it is functional. Tons of peripherals, spare parts, boxed software, period computer magazines, the works. If anyone wants a look, LMK. We'd like to sell the whole lot at once rather than eBay a piece at a time.

I have posted photos, lists, select serial numbers, and a video walkthrough here: https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AU6KP5199xX1znKqpm09B1oQ#Surplus_Computers

The Trove is located outside Las Vegas. I'm in Portland and can coordinate on-site inspection for any serious prospective buyer.

I notice you have a Compaq Portable II as a parts unit only. Is the chassis complete? Will you be selling some of this online? I have been trying to aquire one for some time, with no luck. I mostly just want the chassis to retrofit it, as I dont have the money for a functioning one.

I notice you have a Compaq Portable II as a parts unit only. Is the chassis complete? Will you be selling some of this online? I have been trying to aquire one for some time, with no luck. I mostly just want the chassis to retrofit it, as I dont have the money for a functioning one.
I believe the chassis is complete, possibly with a broken hinge. I’m not able to inspect any time soon as I live in Oregon and the computers are all still with my stepmother in Nevada. If we have no one interested in buying the entire lot, and we decide to sell a piece at a time, I’ll get in touch.

I believe the chassis is complete, possibly with a broken hinge. I’m not able to inspect any time soon as I live in Oregon and the computers are all still with my stepmother in Nevada. If we have no one interested in buying the entire lot, and we decide to sell a piece at a time, I’ll get in touch.

Much appreciated. Sounds like it would be a perfect machine for me. If you do sell it as an entire collection, please forward my name and VCF to the buyer.

I am potentially interested in purchasing the whole lot. New to the forum so I am not sure if you can direct message so we can talk about price.

My dad used to run a computer shop in the 90's and when he passed away a couple years ago he left behind a couple hundred vintage computers: Apple II, III, Lisa 2, just about every Mac from 1985-95, Atari, Commodore, DEC, Compaq, KayPro, Osborne, IBM, more.

It was not stored well but much of it is functional. Tons of peripherals, spare parts, boxed software, period computer magazines, the works. If anyone wants a look, LMK. We'd like to sell the whole lot at once rather than eBay a piece at a time.

I have posted photos, lists, select serial numbers, and a video walkthrough here: https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AU6KP5199xX1znKqpm09B1oQ#Surplus_Computers

The Trove is located outside Las Vegas. I'm in Portland and can coordinate on-site inspection for any serious prospective buyer.
Hi @wayneham I’m new to the forum so I can’t send messages directly but please message me directly as I’m interested in the entire lot.

Back