• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I want to use this trackball [QTronix Libra 90M] with my Macintosh Plus; but I can't figure out what it's communication protocol is.

vorg

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Macintosh Plus that someone in my area was getting rid of and I'd like to get it working.

I have a trackball called the QTronix Libra 90M and it has a female DB9 connector; just like the Macintosh. I can't find much information on it, but despite that connector it might be PS2 or USB.
It has five pins and a chip, but the "serial" connector has me confused what it is exactly.

<< The trackball and connector

<< The board.

Can anyone tell what this is? I'd love to use a microcontroller to make it work, but if it isn't USB or PS2 then it is beyond my copy/paste from Github abilities.

You will need to be looking for a Kensington Turbo Mouse or a clone of it. There was an ADB version of it but it was initially sold for the pre-ADB compact macs.

I'm assuming you are just trying to use the trackball because that is the closest thing you can find that looks like it would work? You might save a bit of money looking for a standard (non-ADB) 1 button Macintosh mouse but even those are no longer dime a dozen.

Back