• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I wish...

bbcmicro said:
Wargames is my favourite movie!

How about a nice game of Chess?

Nice IMSAI in there too. :)

Would you like to play a game?

I finally just got the DVD... :D

In my programming class I took many many moons ago, we had to do a Tic-Tac-Toe game... The assignment called for only 2-player and text output. But with mine you could play against the computer or if you entered '0' (zero) the computer would play against itself.. (This was something not shown as one of the options). It also was in 320 x 200 graphics mode with your choice of background that would be constantly moving around.. Plus there was a green bouncing ball...

I should see if I could find it!

Cheers,

80sFreak

Interesting!

I cant bid for anything on ebay at the moment 'cos I'm pretty strapped for cash.

heck, I'm always strapped for cash! theres a million things I need to save up for and I accumulated £20, thats 2 weeks allowance! its more than enough for your usual sort of teen but for buying and maintaining old computers its not a lot.

Also, I like to bid on things in the UK, I don't know why, i'd say there's less than a quarter of the stuff on ebay.co.uk than ebay.com, so people bid more for it, but things arrive quicker (usually) and postage for less. Also i feel a bit secure that its coming from a 500 mile radius!

A strange game.

There's a new PC game coming out btw, a bit off topic, based on Wargames. I think its called Defcon. Nuclear war and all that jazz. You can't win, you have to lose the least!

Updated my list:

IBM PC
Commodore PET
Oric 1
BBC Master 512
Master Compact
Apple //

Since I'm dreaming..
Apple 1
IMSAI or Altair
Apple Lisa (twiggy would be nice, but i'm not fussy)
HAL (debugged of course!)

Back