• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM 5150 Case Dimensions?

Johnb

Hello,first post here.

I'm looking for the actual dimensions of the IBM PC Case.

I found something but i'm ONLY interested about the Dimensions of the Bezel and the Depth of the case.

If anyone has any info please help.

Thanks in advance.

Odd request. :) If no one gets there first, I'll measure one when I get home. Just to make sure you know, the bezel is part of the top, and slides off. It doesn't go all the way to the bottom, so the case is about an inch or so taller than the bezel. If you're trying to fit one in a cabinet or something. Might be better to measure the back side.

Hello,thank you very much for your response!

Yeah that is correct,however i'm only interested about the Bezel dimensions,as i'm about to make a slightly altered scratch made... Replica... (don't bite). :p

19 1/2" wide
5" high (bezel)
15" deep at the top
16" deep at the bottom (the bezel isn't flat, it's angled)
14" deep without the bezel
Hello again!

Thank you very much,this is exactly what i needed!

I had cut a 19mm MDF piece (flat,ok it will look like a 4 drive AT Clone :p ) for the Bezel but it was 5.7" at the height,which was totally off from the shape.

I figured out by Photos it had the Height of Dual 5.25" Drives plus something like 1.5cm up and down.

I was close enough at 4.7" but i needed to confirm it before i do a mistake again!

I really appreciate it,your input has saved me a long duration headache.

Hello.

I'm in South Europe and unfortunately it's been over 10 years since me and the rest of the people i know seen it for last time.
In the early 2000 you could see XT's and AT's dumped all over the streets as everyone had started replacing them in businesses and such,but now it's a rare sight.

That's not a setback however as i started making the Case and the bezel has a satisfactory look. :D

No problem,i plan to make a video of it anyways. :)

I experience some temporary issues with the cutting but as soon as the project will start going again i'll make a new thread about it.

Back