• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5150 for sale or parts

Fire-Flare

Experienced Member
Case: Missing most of the original screws. All flaws are clearly visible from this angle. $30
CopyofDSCF4002.jpg

Main board: All memory banks filled. (256 KB, no math co-processor) $50
DSCF4043.jpg

Power supply: Sold.

Keyboard: 102-key '2001' brand PC/XT/AT switchable. Loud and clicky like an IBM model. Works. $10

DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

Hard drive: Micropolis model 1335. 85 MB, blank. $50

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1016.jpg

DSCF1017.jpg

Floppy drive: Sold.

Speaker: Works, mount included. $10
DSCF4047.jpg

DSCF4049.jpg

Cards available:
ATI VGA/9-pin combo card Works, 256kb momory, manual included, no driver disk. $30

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF4021.jpg

9-pin monochrome display/parallel port card: Untested $10

DSCF4031.jpg

Hard drive controller: IBM 6135983, includes shown cables, Works $20

DSCF4027.jpg

Floppy drive controller: Works, comes with dual 5.25 floppy cable $20

DSCF4039.jpg

9-pin serial port/25-pin port card: Untested. $10

DSCF1013.jpg

$150 takes everything left, ask for bargains on 3 parts or more Prices do not include shipping, but I will give estimates for each request.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Could you post a picture of the front of the case, and a picture of the keyboard?

I am interested (though this doesn't mean I can/will buy them all) in:
- Keyboard
- Case
- ATI VGA Card
- IBM Mono/Parallel Card

Were I to get all four of these items (would have to wait a few weeks to get a chunk of money together, mind you), what would the total cost inc. shipping to me be (19904, USA)?

I put forth an offer of $60 inc. shipping, assuming you'll hold them until I can pay.

Thanks.

Edit: BTW - what is the second AT-like connector for? Can it take TWO keyboards? lol..

Last edited:
Could you post a picture of the front of the case, and a picture of the keyboard?

I am interested (though this doesn't mean I can/will buy them all) in:
- Keyboard
- Case
- ATI VGA Card
- IBM Mono/Parallel Card

Were I to get all four of these items (would have to wait a few weeks to get a chunk of money together, mind you), what would the total cost inc. shipping to me be (19904, USA)?

I put forth an offer of $60 inc. shipping, assuming you'll hold them until I can pay.

Thanks.

Edit: BTW - what is the second AT-like connector for? Can it take TWO keyboards? lol..
Sorry, but the case alone costs about that much to ship. I'll be uploading the remaining pics tonight.

The other port you see is to interface with a cassette recorder for writing and reading data. The cable had 3 plugs on the other end for the microphone, headphone, and remote jacks.

I got two of that very same VGA/EGA card, but both of mine are missing both the RAM-DAC and the VGA connecor.

I would be interested in trading one of my two cards with you, even it is unlikely that you would accept, however I do not pay $30 for it. For me, anything not both well known and semi rare are overpriced if their prices tops $10-$20 (depends on the quality, and if manuals/software are included).

Sorry, but the case alone costs about that much to ship. I'll be uploading the remaining pics tonight.

The other port you see is to interface with a cassette recorder for writing and reading data. The cable had 3 plugs on the other end for the microphone, headphone, and remote jacks.

Ah yes, ofc, the cassette jack on the original.

I also realized the case would be of no use to me, as the 5150 has different slot spacing than the 5160 and all future computers, so no go there (was gonna transplant a newer comp into it).

What would the deal be if I bought the ATI and the IBM video cards? (I may well also be interested in the keyboard, being switchable, as long as it's pretty :p)

I got two of that very same VGA/EGA card, but both of mine are missing both the RAM-DAC and the VGA connecor.

I would be interested in trading one of my two cards with you, even it is unlikely that you would accept, however I do not pay $30 for it. For me, anything not both well known and semi rare are overpriced if their prices tops $10-$20 (depends on the quality, and if manuals/software are included).

The lowest I'll go is $25 because that's how much I paid for it. And I won't have a use for the CGA cards you offered. Sorry.

Last edited:
Ah yes, ofc, the cassette jack on the original.

I also realized the case would be of no use to me, as the 5150 has different slot spacing than the 5160 and all future computers, so no go there (was gonna transplant a newer comp into it).

What would the deal be if I bought the ATI and the IBM video cards? (I may well also be interested in the keyboard, being switchable, as long as it's pretty :p)

The ATI card has 256k on it and I'll have a pic of the keyboard up tonight. You can have both for $50, shipping included.

I bought the machine hoping to do the same thing, and having measured the inside I'm not sure a 5160 case will be useful either unless you remove/modify the drive bracket as it will overhang any motherboard larger than the flex ATX form factor.

Last edited:
The ATI card has 256k it and I'll have a pic of the keyboard up tonight. You can have both for $50, shipping included.

I bought the machine for the same reason before learning it still worked. And I'm not sure a 5160 case will be useful either unless you remove/modify the drive bracket as it will overhang any motherboard larger than the flex ATX form factor.

I've got a microATX - I'm not familiar with flex ATX - is that small enough?

BTW: I may well take you up on that offer for $50 for keyboard/ATI card, gotta see the keyboard and get some money first though (next week or two I'll have money), assuming you can wait.

I've got a microATX - I'm not familiar with flex ATX - is that small enough?

BTW: I may well take you up on that offer for $50 for keyboard/ATI card, gotta see the keyboard and get some money first though (next week or two I'll have money), assuming you can wait.

A standard micro ATX will be overhung by about an inch. Some mobo manufacturers claim their flex ATXs are micro ATX. If it measures less than 8.5 inches back to front you should be okay, otherwise you can cut away the drive holder and use a short accessory in the lower bay such as a memory card reader. Also you should know that the drive bays only have screw holes for the lower device; To secure two things you'll need to improvise. (The easiest way would be to drill 4 holes in a CD. ;) )

Last edited:
The lowest I'll go is $25 because that's how much I paid for it. And I won't have a use the CGA cards you offered. Sorry.

Since it got the manual, maybe...

However, I don't got the ability to have a paypall account before february...

I cannot take you up on the offer for the keyboard and card, unfortunately, because a much more tantalizing purchase came up ( a Toshiba T6600C ) for that $50.

Back