• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5150 XT COMPUTER - WORKS GREAT & LOOKS GOOD! Monitor Included

cudasales

Experienced Member
I have a very nice IBM 5150 XT Computer.
It works Great and still looks very good.
Includes one Floppy Disk and Hard Drive
I also have the Keyboard and a Monochrome Amdek monitor

º Released: September 1981.
º Processor: Intel 8088 running at 4.77 MHz. Optional Intel 8087 math Coprocessor.
º Language: IBM Basic (written and licensed to IBM by Microsoft).
º Keyboard: 83 Keys, 10 function keys, numeric key pad.
º Removable Storage: zero, one or two Full Height 5.25” 160Kb floppy disk drives. Optional tape
drive or hard drive
º RAM Memory (Random Access Memory): Anywhere between 16 and 256Kb. (The very first
ones shipped with 16Kb and supported a maximum of 64Kb).
º ROM Memory (Read Only Memory): 64 Kb.
º Graphics Capabilities: Depends on installed Graphics card. Typically: Text mode 40 / 80
character X 40 lines) Graphic mode: Monochrome CGA was common (320 X 200 or 640 X 200).
This particular computer has a colour Hercules VGA card in it (640 X 480), which would have
been considered optional and very high end.
º Tone generator: Built in Speaker
º Internal Expansion Slots: 5 Internal 8-bit ISA slots.

All of the specs are located at http://computermuseum.usask.ca/articles/IBM-5150-Specifications.pdf

I still have the SignalMan Mark External Modem (Manual Included) and Panasonic 24pin Printer (Manual Included) for it but it is probably not worth shipping those items. If I remember correctly there are some installed software on the hard drive such as Wordperfect, a Golf Game and some other software that I should still have the documentation for.

I will take offers and can post pictures soon. It is heavy so shipping may be a little pricey. If you did not want the monitor it would be a lot cheaper to ship but I am happy to ship it as a set.

Thanks

Last edited:
Which one is it?

The IBM model 5150 is the original PC, with 5 slots and a cassette port.
The IBM model 5160 is the PC-XT, with 8 slots and no cassette port.

Thus, there is no such thing as an "IBM 5150 XT".

Which one is it?

The IBM model 5150 is the original PC, with 5 slots and a cassette port.
The IBM model 5160 is the PC-XT, with 8 slots and no cassette port.

Thus, there is no such thing as an "IBM 5150 XT".

I'm pretty sure it's a 5150 PC, judging by the manufacturing date. XT's didn't come out until '83.

I might be interested in this one, can you give me an idea of shipping to 03609?
Cheers!

Most of the quotes in the US have been around $50 USPS Parcel Post for shipping the computer and monitor. I will be shipping them in 2 different boxes.

Thank You

Most of the quotes in the US have been around $50 USPS Parcel Post for shipping the computer and monitor. I will be shipping them in 2 different boxes.

Thank You

Ok, that is doable. Drop me a PM and we can work out the details. :)
Thanks!

Back