• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM 5155 Case Screws

teitoku233

I recently picked up a IBM 5155 portable personal computer at a yard sale, However, it's missing the six screws holding the case to the front panel. Does anyone know the specifications of it or know where can I buy them? Thanks

I just went over the documents for this computer with no prevail, on the repair information documents by IBM, it's referred as the "cover mounting screws"

I want to say they were originally hex head screws with a slot for a regular screwdriver, but I'd just look for modern Philips screws of similar thread and call it good.

I'm with NeXT on this.

A pic of the OEM ones would be would be nice though. Generallly painted black. Might have some in my spares containers. Even my IBM PC300 mini tower with Slot one Celerery used them.

It also pays to show your location in case some one nearby has spares.

Last edited:
You can get them in silver as well gold anodizing as well... A bit of paint and your wouldn't know the difference unless you where one of those OSD/IMG_20220413_063129.jpgAnorak types.

Can anyone use a vernier caliper to measure the dimensions of the threads? I don't have any on jand so I am not sure what type of threads they use.

I have the original screws funny enough. Let me know if you really have to have it correct. I hoarded em years ago for screws for XTs. Never used them though cuz they are a dark blue/black color.

I willingly trade for XT screws. :D

Back