• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM / Coleco

bugman2112

Experienced Member
IBM 5150 and 5160 computers.
Both systems have original keyboards.
I have many 8-bit video, joystick, serial/parallel, disk drive (original, 3.5 disk, and XTIDE) cards that go with these. Many extras.

I should note that the 5150 is NOT a very early model with the lesser amount of RAM.

I also have two ADAM keyboards and Disk Drives.

Everything worked last time I used them, but sold as is. Some home modifications were made by me (like a volume control on the IBMs and NEC v20 cpu) Nothing too serious or irreversible.

As happens too frequently, I need to reduce my collection and focus on a few things.

I work late every day so if shipping is needed, I will do the best I can to be quick.

Just want it gone, I will take any reasonable offer + shipping

I'm probably being dense but what's the Adam disk drive? An external 5.25 for the adam? Do you have a picture of the drive and have the cable that it would use?

Is there any chance I can buy just the xtide? I don't have room for another computer, but am in dire need of the xtide card.

If you look at the main web site for this forum under coleco adam, Erik has two drives stacked on top of the adam computer in the picture. It is an external 5.25 drive. The cable is the weird phone cord connector that adam used. I am currently receiving an offer on the two adam drives and keyboard already, though.

I'm probably being dense but what's the Adam disk drive? An external 5.25 for the adam? Do you have a picture of the drive and have the cable that it would use?

People seem more interested in the individual parts, so I'll list what I can separately.

IBM 5150 (640k MB) + KeyBoard - SALE PENDING
IBM 5160 + Keyboard
NEC V20 chip, Original 8088(AMD)
Co-processor - SALE PENDING
CGA Cards
VGA CARDS (paradise, some worked in 8-bit slots "no guarantee, but I do have drivers")
Jotystick Cards
Origninal FDC drive card
3.5 floppy card (yes, its 8-bit)
XTIDE w/IDE to CF adapter - SALE PENDING
Tandon 5.25 drives
SixPack Plus Card (memory and more)
512K memory Card
Extra 5160 Motherboard
10mhzt Jameco clone motherboard

Two ADAM keyboards and Disk Drives - SALE PENDING

3 X Tecra 500 series laptops.

Last edited:
I am realizing that I don’t have the time to ship these items. I will complete any transactions that are still open, of course. But going forward, I am offering these items free if they can be picked up locally. I am in the Clifton Park, NY area (Near Albany, NY). Preferably, someone to take everything all at once.

IBM 5150 (640k MB) + Keyboard - SALE PENDING
IBM 5160 + Keyboard
NEC V20 chip, Original 8088(AMD)
Co-processor - SALE PENDING
CGA Cards
VGA CARDS (paradise, some worked in 8-bit slots "no guarantee, but I do have drivers")
Joystick Cards
Original FDC drive card
3.5 floppy card (yes, its 8-bit)
XTIDE w/IDE to CF adapter - SOLD
Tandon 5.25 drives
SixPack Plus Card (memory and more) - SOLD
512K memory Card - SOLD
Extra 5160 Motherboard
10mhzt Jameco clone motherboard

Two ADAM keyboards and Disk Drives - SALE PENDING

3 X Tecra 500 series laptops.

Back