• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM Model 25-286, anyone?

raifield

Experienced Member
I have the color, 8086 Model 25 now and have a strange fixation to get the 286 version as well. They seem more difficult to find though. If anyone is willing to sell one or point me to where I could find one, I would greatly appreciate it. I am also well aware of the exorbitant shipping charges associated with these clumsy machines and it isn't a problem.

Heh... and don't forget the Model 25SX - a 386sx-16 board within :) or the Eduquest series - not quite the same chassis as the other 3, but certainly a close cousin.

I saw a 25-286 on ebay last year. It was relatively reasonably priced as well ($100, IIRC). I posted about it here, but am unsure if anyone here ever purchased it.

You might want to put the req out on cctalk and/or the newsgroup. Maybe some of the old PS/2 crew has a dozen and is willing to cut loose of one.

A Model 25SX would be optimal, but if a 25-286 is difficult to find, I imagine a 25SX is nearly impossible. There's an EduQuest that's been on eBay for quite some time, but I don't want the larger chassis.

I recently sold a PS/2-model 25 with reply board here. I included a model 25-286 system board with the sale. Perhaps the buyer would be willing to sell you the 286 system board.

I was concerned about the IO ports on the back being out of place, but it seems that I could swap the 25-286 board into the same chassis. Now I just need to track one down.

I recently sold a PS/2-model 25 with reply board here. I included a model 25-286 system board with the sale. Perhaps the buyer would be willing to sell you the 286 system board.
Wow, I didn't know that you had the 25-286 board with that too!! Laugh... I was SOOOOOO close to purchasing that lot from you. I just couldn't justify the space, however. I've already a Model 25, an Eduquest, and a half-dozen vintage monitors to go along with the 15 other computers and parts bins... laugh

Hope that you got a good deal for them! I saw a Reply board for the model 25 (486 DX4-100 on board) on ebay early last year. The guy wanted $75 opening bid. I watched it get relisted twice, then sent him a $30 offer. He declined and I've never seen it listed again... Hopefully he either held onto it or found it a good home through other means.

@Maverick1978...
I was a fan..I had a Model 25-286, a model 25 with Reply Board, and a Model 25 with the pc Enterprises board all running side by side...

The pcEnterprises board eventually failed...but I still a have the manual and the riser card should anyone need them.

Thanks for the replies, but it seems no one has one available right now. I'll post on the cctalk (or cctech) mailing list Maverick1978 had mentioned and see what comes up.

Back