• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PCjr Starter Kit

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
Are you interested in acquiring a nearly 30 year old IBM machine that wasn't 100% IBM compatible? Here is your chance!

Overview_Boot_screen.jpg

Highlights: 256KB (can be modified easily to 640KB), parallel printer port, Cartridge BASIC, and it is in great cosmetic condition

The full details of the offer can be found here: http://www.brutman.com/PCjr_Starter_Kit.html

I've accumulated a few too many machines and it is time to start dispersing them. The asking price is $75, but that is negotiable. This, and my other "basement cleanout" items can be found at the VC Marketplace:

-Mike

Yes, but it requires an adapter. The PCjr uses a "Berg" style square connector that includes audio pins to feed the speaker in the PCjr monitor. With an adapter (which I can provide) you can use any CGA monitor, but you will not get the PCjr audio through the monitor.

Last call .. this auction ends tomorrow.

Some last minute notes:

• Plan on getting the jrIDE sidecar (kit or assembled) - it adds the extra memory, a clock/calendar and an IDE interface that you can boot from. It is far more cost effective than upgrading the sidecar to 256KB chips and adding a Dallas clock/calendar chip.
  • The items in the auction are a suggestion ... this isn't ebay so we have some ability to adjust things to make it work out better.
  • Please keep in mind that shipping is going to be expensive - there is a monitor involved.

Mike

Back