• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest IBM PS/1 2155-G54 "Consultant"

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

TheForgottenKing

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Hey everyone - new poster here but I've read a few posts before for my PC XT and I have quite a bit of activity on Reddit over at u/The_Forgotten_King if you want a reputation check. I can't send DMs but if you want to send me some contact info if you're interested we can work something out.

Up for sale is a full IBM PS/1 2155-G54 "Consultant" setup near Chicago.

This has a 25 MHz 486SX CPU, 4 MB of RAM, a 170 MB HDD, and a 3.5" and 5.75" floppy disk.

The system itself works great. It boots to Windows 3.1. I don't have the original PS/2 mouse, only some off-brand one, but it does come with the proper buckling spring IBM Model M2 keyboard for the system. The CMOS battery has been replaced and the system has been fully stripped, cleaned, and dusted. In terms of ISA cards it has a Creative Technology sound card, two networking cards (AT&T and Communications Canada), and a game card.

Unfortunately, the CRT suffers from partial vertical collapse as pictured. I will include a modified VGA cable with Pin 9 removed so you can use it with another VGA-capable display if desired. I will also include the original 2390 dot matrix printer, which prints faintly using the test print button but likely needs new ink and possibly a calibration.

Cosmetically, the system is in good shape. The system itself is in good condition with minimal yellowing and has been internally and externally cleaned. The keyboard has no yellowing and works perfectly. The clips that hold on the front cosmetic bezel are missing so it does not attach properly. The internal case release latch was modified, replacing the brittle plastic with flexible steel for better reliability. The printer has a yellowed case and is somewhat dirty, and the CRT is a bit dirty but not yellowed.

Obviously, this is a vintage item and as such should go to someone who has knowledge relating to these systems. I am selling this system as-is due to its age.

I am near Chicago and would prefer to sell locally due to the size and weight of the setup, however, I am willing to ship if desired. I am looking for $170 local cash for the entire setup (System, CRT, Keyboard, Printer), however, I am looking to sell this quickly as I do not have the room and familial patience for it and thus will accept reasonable offers. I am not looking to part it out unless shipping, in which case I can keep the CRT. I may be interested in trades for some Model F keyboards.

Pictures:
Thanks for looking!

Still available, price drop to $130+s/h as unfortunately the front bezel has cracked quite a bit while in storage. Shipping will be anywhere from $50-$90 depending on location. I do need this gone rather quickly so if you're interested shoot me a message and I can work something out.

Back