• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

[IBM PS/1 486 DX2] Help needed! How much is this thing worth and are these boxed versions how rare?

Hillovoileipa

So a couple of days ago i found this boxed up IBM PS/1 at a trift/antique store.

Now after couple days of mind melting information hunting i have found out what kind of a computer it is and some of the history behind it.

And after some searching around ebay and other sites where you can find old computers, i have only one question left.

What is it worth? I have done some estimates but i have not really found a proper price.

If you do know or know someone who knows, your help is needed!

Here is the old article about it.

And additional info

I got boxes for two ps/1 monitors and also the monitors, box that had the original mouse and keyboard (m2) + wires and also the main system box and the ps/1.

Main color monitor, ps/1 computer and mouse worked fine.

Keyboard and secondary monitor dont seem like they work at the moment but ill probably try to fix them.IMG_20220701_214711__01.jpgIMG_20220703_232346-min.jpgIMG-20220703-WA0009-min.jpg

The PS/1 line actually came out after the PS/2 line. It was also the precursor to the Aptiva line. I would check ebay listings for value. Collectors just LOVE old stuff like this in original boxes (speaking from experience ;-)

Back