• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PS/2 Model 30 8086 FDD(s) wanted. FRU 96F7678

PeterNC

Veteran Member
Today I received a IBM PS/2 Model 30 8086 (with original box). Unfortunately it appears both FDDs are fried. I tried cleaning them with hydroperoxide to no avail.

Does anyone have a working FDD (or multiple) for sale? Or alternatively a IBM PS/2 Model 30 8086 with working FDDs they would like to sell?

FRU: 96F7678

I will also keep searching eBay and Craigslist: who knows: I may get lucky.

Thanks. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Although the plastic bezels that hold the drives in place differ, I believe a model 25 drive can work in a 30 too. You'd just have to swap some parts around.

Thank you for the update. Let me enhance my search to include 8525 FDDs as well. :)

Last edited:
I have an IBM PS/2 Model 30 8530-002, system unit only.
Specs:
XT 8086, 8.0 Mhz
640 KB RAM
2 3.5" 750 KB FDDs
I have checked out this unit with a copy of the start-up disk, everything works fine. The "B" drive make some noise at first, but then quites down.
Make offer + shipping from 08005.
PHOT0192.jpgPHOT0192.jpg

Bill: thanks again for your offer. I hope to receive the unit this week and I will post an update then. Have a nice weekend.

Bill: the unit got here today and it works beautifully! Packaging and customer service were great. BillT356 comes highly recommended.

thanks-bill.jpg

Today I installed a LAPC-I and that works great as well. I also bought a VGA 8-bit ISA card today that I will install as soon as I get it. I am also contemplating installing a NEC V30 CPU at some point. That might be a fun upgrade. :) A CT1320 that I thought was dead is alive and well after all in this machine as well and it even has CMS now that I installed the SAA1099P chips.

Back