• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PS/2 Model 70 Hard Drive Error?

Ahhh... now I remember why I never liked or had any PS/2s. :) I prefer to stick with standard equipment that use interchangeable parts. Proprietary systems just rub me the wrong way.

I understand that. But I just like IBM stuff, this is actually my first PS/2 so I'm learning a lot about them. Actually didn't know about how proprietary the systems are.
Doesn't really bother me though. It was mostly working before I messed with it :rolleyes:
I'll get it fixed. This computer isn't actually bothering me at all, this old 386 laptop I have had it's screen hinge all messed up and broken inside and its been a mess fixing it, now that was bothering me.
I'm sure this problem I'm having isn't something bad and if not I know someone who will probably have parts...
Otherwise this computer wasn't an super nice machine anyway it was a bit rough. If I can't get it working then I have a model M keyboard to use for my desktop :rolleyes:

I find it extremely doubtful that it simply gave out at this particular time. If it worked before cleaning and not after, you did something. God knows what you did but you did something.

Already ordered them and I've got other things to do while waiting anyway, so not too of a bad thing to wait.
I still have power supply issues with my Burroughs B25 to fix and I have a memory board to troubleshoot so there are plenty of other things to do while waiting~

Well I opened the power-supply didn't see anything missing or loose, put it back together and powered it on... And it worked...
So I put it all back together other then its lid and tried turning it on... And nothing... I hit the power-supply and it turned right on...
I'm thinking it has a loose solder joint somewhere... I'll have to take its board out too and check the bottom side. Anyway so I got it running and that's after I cleaned all the connections I could and I ran the reference disk again since I had the battery and speaker disconnected and when I ran a self test again it said '1 ESDI Drives' instead of the '0 ESDI Drives' I was getting before. I was thinking 'no way this is going to just work now'...
Well it did passed all its tests and I restarted it and it booted to Windows for Workgroups 3.11! So everything seems good now!
Other then that power supply of-course.

Back