• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM SCREWS wanted!

gerrydoire

Veteran Member
I'm looking for something that someone may have, the screws that came with the
IBM 5150, the case and the cards, I have 3 5150's missing many of the
original screws, so if anyone has of these for sale, email me :)

Got a pic? Sure would help. I've seen different screws in those machines so you need to be more specific as to exactly what you're looking for.

I think the topic of the small hex-head screws has come up before and someone was going to investigate a possible (bulk) source. Did anything ever come of that?

(When I read the topic, I said to myself "I didn't know that IBM ran prisons..." :) )

I think the topic of the small hex-head screws has come up before and someone was going to investigate a possible (bulk) source. Did anything ever come of that?

(When I read the topic, I said to myself "I didn't know that IBM ran prisons..." :) )

Good question!

No, the original 5150 bolts were 6-32, hex washer-head with a slot, but the head was, I think 3/16, not 1/4". I suspect that they were IBM custom jobs.

No, the original 5150 bolts were 6-32, hex washer-head with a slot, but the head was, I think 3/16, not 1/4". I suspect that they were IBM custom jobs.
I think so; they used them in many of their models and I've got all sorts of them, at least three different diameters/heads and three different colours (silver, black and blue).

Back