• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ibm XGA-2 Adapter for Bermuda motherboard

carstenl

Hi,

I´am looking for one or two Ibm Xga-2 adapters for my two Bermuda motherboards,

I have got 2 Bermuda motherbords and a risercard from a friend, but i´am not able to test them, whitout any graphics card.
I have been looking at Ebay, but I have not been able to find any in Europe
Perhaps someone knows where to find them ??
The costs for a card shipped from the US will be insane (not to mention the import tax ) :crazy:

I have a running model 57 486Slc2, and perhaps i could fit the Bermuda motherboard in that one - just to see if it works.:D

Regards

Carsten

Carstenl -- I got a private message from you but it came out as blank. So I sent you one, and hopefully you'll be able to read and reply to it.

Probably not an issue, just bear in mind that the riser cards are specific to the particular planar. Not interchangeable with other PS/2 models.

Early Riser P/N 27F4625 / 27F4630
Riser_Old.gif

This riser is bare of anything to the right of the MCA slots but the battery/speaker connector.
Newer Riser FRU 64F3732, P/N 27F4625, 64F0774
Riser_Newer.gif

This riser has an addition of a resistor, a 74F08, and a bit of wiring on the back.
Late Riser FRU 27F4666, P/N 64F0808, 64F0809
Riser_Late.gif

I have got the FRU 87F4836 for my bermuda board - I do not know if it is a new or old version ?

I have installed the Bermuda board and the riser card + the XGA-2 card from vwestlife in the model 57 case, and it is working just fine.
The only thing that is not in use is the JMP3 - Logiclock header. I was not sure if the machine would start without it, but it started up just fine.

Regards
Carsten

I have got the FRU 87F4836 for my bermuda board - I do not know if it is a new or old version ?

I have installed the Bermuda board and the riser card + the XGA-2 card from vwestlife in the model 57 case, and it is working just fine.
The only thing that is not in use is the JMP3 - Logiclock header. I was not sure if the machine would start without it, but it started up just fine.

Regards
Carsten

I'm not aware of any "old" or "new" references for a Bermuda riser - the response with images shows the Model 55SX (and 55LS/53SLC) risers (along with photos I did for the 'Ardent-Tool'). XGA-2 is a good choice for Bermuda video, but certainly not the only one. Either of the 'SVGA' adapters (like Brandon Bishop showed in now-running 9595) works well too - and the 'Eagle-BVE' doesn't have an ADF.

I think I have an original XGA card I don't need, if that would be close enough.

There are a number of improvements to the XGA-2 (also referred to as the 'XGA-NI', for "Non-Interlaced') - but yeah, I have more spare XGA than XGA-2 myself.

I have a running model 57 486Slc2, and perhaps i could fit the Bermuda motherboard in that one - just to see if it works.:D

Pity that the SLC2 planar got displaced, but maybe only temporarily? - I'll be doing some benchmarking between the CPUs on those planars soon.

The XGA-2 is working very well in the machine, and I will keep the XGA card for spare use - the MCA cards are very difficult to find in Europe
The machine is running Dos and Windows 3.11 Danish, and I will install a few small games on it too

I have temporarily exhanged the SLC2 planar with the Bermuda, because I have some problems with the SLC2 Riser card, after I changed the Cmos battery.
It was the only way to have a running system. I hope that I can get the SLC2 planar to work with the riser card again.

If i can not get the riser card to work, is there anyway to get a riser card for the SLC2 planar, ?. -

/Carsten

Back