• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ICS 8080 trainer board

jaevans

Greetings,

I recently obtained an old ICS (Integrated Computer Systems, now Learning Tree) 8080 trainer and am searching for documentation for it. I believe that the course lab books for this had all that info so if anyone has the course books for this, I'd gladly pay for scanning, copying, shipping, etc. Right now I am working on getting it up and running (I know I have some 8080s around here somewhere, along with a suitable power supply).

This one has the additional I/O board and experimental parts assembly board as well but it did not come with the case.

I did locate some French documentation but it is for the S100 variant of their training board.

Any help/pointers are appreciated.

John - Colorado Springs, CO

I'd guess the I/O was ,a[[ed the same. That way they could use the same firmware. Does it have ROMs? Have you dumped them yet?
Dwight

The monitor instructions for the smaller board are good enough for this larger board, but the rom code is definitely different in the two (at least from the first handful of bytes). It's a 2708 on my board, so I'll need to dig out my orphaned programmer and copy the code from it. There is an issue with my board though - everytime a B is displayed on the LED display, it shows up as a small o with a bar over the top. This could be hardware or a corruption in the conversion table in the rom.

Thanks Dwight,
John

HA - the strange display for the b character is actually how it is supposed to be (an o with a bar above it). Why they didn’t go with a “weak” 6 I’ll never know. So all seems to be working well.

John

Back