• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IEEE-488 cable

If however you're a vintage computer dealer and live on purchasing parts cheap, refurbish and sell to make money, I can agree you probably need to go higher since those cables are not too common to come by.

Carlsson should have been a diplomat since this phrase translates into "mercenary bastard" LMAO

Druid: sorry, but I see quite a couple of people on various forums looking around to pick up other people's leftovers to get a "complete" system to sell, often managing to squeeze out big dollars from common stuff. It is fair as long as they are clear what they're up to, but some suppliers may think they're just helping a fellow getting a system ready to play.

@Cosam: Which model is that 8050? (i.e. what kind of drives are in it?) If they're MPIs I might be asking you to compare notes if/when I get around to looking at mine.

Which model is that 8050? (i.e. what kind of drives are in it?) If they're MPIs I might be asking you to compare notes if/when I get around to looking at mine.
I think you're in luck - I'm pretty sure I saw MPI stickers on the drives when I had them out. In any case, they look exactly like the MPI drive in the service manual. Only realised afterwards that they used about four different suppliers, otherwise I'd have paid more attention.

I think you're in luck - I'm pretty sure I saw MPI stickers on the drives when I had them out. In any case, they look exactly like the MPI drive in the service manual. Only realised afterwards that they used about four different suppliers, otherwise I'd have paid more attention.
The frame that brings down the clamp and lowers the head is pretty distinctive on the MPIs, so that's probably what they are; you may be hearing more from me in the future...;-)
I wonder if the ROMs are archived anywhere...

The frame that brings down the clamp and lowers the head is pretty distinctive on the MPIs, so that's probably what they are; you may be hearing more from me in the future...;-)
Yep, they're MPIs alright. As reported in another thread, I've got the beasts running now, so let me know if I need to take any measurements for you. Was it yours that had all the LEDs stuck on red?

I wonder if the ROMs are archived anywhere...
I think most of them are on the Zimmers site here. I'll check though and make a dump of anything not yet available.

DUH! Of course they're on Zimmers. Been there dozens of times, never looked at drive ROMs. Doubt it'll be that easy though; yep, all red LEDs, no blinkee.
Thanks

Back