• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IIT diagnostic disk

dieymir

Experienced Member
I've bought this 387sx FPU to accompany my 386sx 40Mhz.

iit_3c87sx.jpg

So far I have tested it using Intel MCPDIAG and it shows some errors on the IEEE754 compliance test (sine and cosine) and in the trascendental functions test. This is not completely unexpected so I want to repeat the tests using the real IIT diagnostic util. Anybody has a copy of it?

Thanks.

Yes, it's a well-known fact that some non-Intel FPUs fail the IEEE compliance test performed by Intel's software:
https://mikro.naprvyraz.sk/docs/Coding/Hardware/COPRO16A.TXT
So, for FPU testing, I usually use Checkit 3.0

I have tested the FPU with both the comptest utility version 2.57 mentioned in that article and Checkit 3.0 and it passed all the tests successfully but I'm still interested in the original software, though. In the meantime I have also found the demo and diag disks for Cyrix FasMath coprocessors and I can upload them here if somebody is interested.

I have tested the FPU with both the comptest utility version 2.57 mentioned in that article and Checkit 3.0 and it passed all the tests successfully but I'm still interested in the original software, though.

This is the original IIT software that I got from vwestlife in this thread. The download link in that thread no longer works so I've attached the file here to make sure it doesn't disappear again. Due to the stupid forum settings I had to split the archive into four pieces, 100 000 bytes each, and put a .zip filename extension on them all even though it's really a multi-volume rar-archive containing a single zip-archive. *sigh*

View attachment IIT.part1.RAR.zip
View attachment IIT.part2.RAR.zip
View attachment IIT.part3.RAR.zip
View attachment IIT.part4.RAR.zip

Last edited:
Due to the stupid forum settings I had to split the archive into four pieces, 100 000 bytes each, and put a .zip filename extension on them all even though it's really a multi-volume rar-archive containing a single zip-archive. *sigh*
It's sooooo much easier and better to just u/l things like this to your favorite cloud storage facility, e.g., OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc., and put the link to it on this forum.

It's sooooo much easier and better to just u/l things like this to your favorite cloud storage facility, e.g., OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc
But the idea was to put it somewhere that it would not disappear again. Third party file hosting services come and go. (I want to punch the blue-LED loving marketoid that came up with the term "cloud").

Anyway, I'm getting an "invalid attachment" error when I click on those.

My favourite cloud storage facility? :rolleyes: I don't use "cloud storage" and I never will, for the same reason I don't use any of the popular image hosting facilities - sooner or later someone will discover that hosting files actually costs money and that's when your free hosting ends, which means that you'll be having ads shoved in your face (which is actually the best case scenario), or your "favourite cloud" will simply disappear and your files with it (worst case scenario obviously).

There's no free lunch, ever.

My favourite cloud storage facility? :rolleyes: I don't use "cloud storage" and I never will, for the same reason I don't use any of the popular image hosting facilities - sooner or later someone will discover that hosting files actually costs money and that's when your free hosting ends, which means that you'll be having ads shoved in your face (which is actually the best case scenario), or your "favourite cloud" will simply disappear and your files with it (worst case scenario obviously).
Well, I've been using both GoogleDrive and DropBox for over seven years and I'm quite grateful for all the services they have provided (for free) and are still providing. Some of those services have been utilized by the members here, as well, whom I and others have provided (via those two and other services) conveniently accessible, hassle-free d/ls. So you can say what you want about files disappearing and all that other negative crap but it doesn't hold any water in my experience. While you've been busy bad-mouthing these entities others have been continuously availing themselves to their quite useful services. An open mind is like a parachute.

This is the original IIT software that I got from vwestlife in this thread. The download link in that thread no longer works so I've attached the file here to make sure it doesn't disappear again. Due to the stupid forum settings I had to split the archive into four pieces, 100 000 bytes each, and put a .zip filename extension on them all even though it's really a multi-volume rar-archive containing a single zip-archive. *sigh*

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try it ASAP and report back the results. I intend to upload the image to vogonsdrivers since some members of that forum (vogons.org) expressed their interest in this software too.

There's no free lunch, ever.

Just two examples but somehow I don't think Microsoft (OneDrive) and Google (Google Drive) are going anywhere soon. And both already have free and paid services so it's not like they aren't making money on it already.

your "favourite cloud" will simply disappear and your files with it (worst case scenario obviously).

That's why I've always run my own. But, I won't live forever. archive.org has been heavily promoted as the world's dumping ground for obsolete software, so you can always upload items there and they'll ostensibly be available there until the heat death of the universe.

A lot of people on this forum have been in the IT branch for decades, and witnessed countless companies disappear - sometimes even big ones.
No wonder they don't trust in the long-term stability of the current leaders and their services...

Back