• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Intel Above Board PS/AT

k2x4b524[

Veteran Member
I need to revive an old topic in a new thread.

I've got an intel above board ps/at. it has 1.5mb ram on it, 3 switch blocks at the upper right, and a parallel and serial port. The board itself is blue in color.

Google just turns up the old threads that i myself have started, and intel's search turns up nothing.

I would love for the life of me to get this thing to work properly, since my longshine 8221N vanished, that board held 32mb ram on it.

But more importantly is this above board right now.

Intel Above Board PS/AT

Can anyone tell me whick model this Intel AboveBoard is?

IntelAB.jpg

This is a pull from a system I found getting thrown out many years ago, but never knew the exact model of this one. I am at least sure it is an Intel AboveBoard. I have no manuals or disks.

Can anyone tell me whick model this Intel AboveBoard is?

View attachment 9187

This is a pull from a system I found getting thrown out many years ago, but never knew the exact model of this one. I am at least sure it is an Intel AboveBoard. I have no manuals or disks.

Intel AboveBoard Plus

I think this is the right driver disk from Intel:

Download

I've got one, in any case.

Thank you Chuck(G)! This one goes in the "GOOD" pile... has a whopping 1 MB on it. I configured it for back-filling the conventional RAM from 512K to 640K and had 896K left as expanded memory. I want to keep this 5150 all IBM so it will not stay in for long. I plan on building a clone XT system and will probably use it in that.

k2x4b524[, sorry I hijacked your topic; did those files (in post #2) help you?

I have the original software and docs for this card as I bought one new off of ebay... actually 3 to be more percise...

Unfortunately chuck, they didn't, don't worry bout the thread hijack, we all are good enough to follow along :) Gerry, if you've got the specs of the above board ps/at that'd be awesome. Another question too, I recently came into an old IBM PGA adapter, all 3 boards, but on one of the boards, the deep orange tantalum is broke off on one lead, where can i field a replacement? Will the boards work without them? and can i use my NEC Multisync 2 with it with no problem?

The tantalum is easily replaced--if it's a three-lead model, a two-lead replacement will work fine. If you can read the printing on the old cap, we can even tell you what the value is.

I have the original software and docs for this card as I bought one new off of ebay... actually 3 to be more percise...

Any chance of posting an image file of the disk(s)? If you do could you type out whats written on the label as well? Thanks!

The tantalum is easily replaced--if it's a three-lead model, a two-lead replacement will work fine. If you can read the printing on the old cap, we can even tell you what the value is.
Right... you got me squared away on that issue yesterday. Now, If I could only find a place to buy 2 or 3 of them... everybody want to sell these little things in large lots!

I like to buy assortments "kits" of various things. You can usually find some eBay seller offering that sort of thing for not much (i.e. search on "tantalum kit"). Another way to go about it is to buy several times more than you need, if the item is inexpensive enough. For example, I buy 0.1µF SMT caps in multiples of 100.

Is tantalum tha same as 'MLCC'? I found the exact match by code # and it's described as 'MLCC'. It's the only exact match for a .047 uF cap and it carries the same code marking. It's also a 50 pack. :)

Back