• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Intel MCS-85, SYM-1, and ELF II offered on eBay

I have just listed these microcomputers on eBay. You can see the listing by visiting my eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Craigs-Vintage-Collectibles

I am slowly starting to dispose of my rather massive collection of computer artifacts. I was once part of effort in Minnesota to start a Computer Museum in the early 1980's. It never materialized, but I did collect lots of stuff! Now that I am nearing retirement, I think it is time to start the purge! I had 3 Apple 1's at one time, but unfortunaley they are all gone. I hear that one of them that I had sold on eBay earlier this year for $60,000+ (the one with the letter from steve jobs on notebook paper). If you want a peek at some of the items I have collected, visit my web site at:

http://www.solomonson.net/Calculator1frameset.html

This summer I plan to go through the many boxes of manuals, software, and misc. hardware. In addition to working on the museum project, I was also the the lead Design Analyst for MECC for 20 years--we were the ones that brought you Oregon Trail, Number Munchers, and many other educational programs. I was the recipient of many of older system we had along with lots of company reference material. Hopefully there will be a few goodies in those boxes. I think that I have a couple Apple prototypes---like the first Mac and an Apple //c. They used to send us computers before their release to verify that they worked OK with all the MECC software.

I'm glad you posted here. I actually noticed your auctions pretty early on and I don't think you'll have much problem getting them to other collectors but regardless posting here will get a lot of good exposure. I've already seen them slowly creeping up lol surely out of my price range by the end but I'm watching never-the-less. Thanks for posting and I'm glad you posted about it here. Lots of great and responsible collectors here.

- John

Back