• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Intel Wildcard 88

That is the most interesting thing I've seen lately.. I have no idea what I'd do with it, nor the money to buy another thing at the moment, but that is very cool. A shame it's untested, though.

There's not a whole lot of information to be found about it, mainly just old press releases, but I did find an indication that the Megatel carrier board contains SCSI, floppy, serial and parallel interfaces. I have no idea whether the one being sold is the same thing, or if it's even complete, but it's pretty cool, nonetheless.

Right above the two 8-pin buggers at the bottom you can see a wide female pin socket, which I'd wager is an expansion bus of some kind, ISA or perhaps a combination of several ports on a proprietary plug.

If the starting bid was really low I'd probably place a few bids, but $60AU for something I don't know works and don't have a particular use for is just too much. If I did have one, though, I'd probably mount it in an old analog multimeter that I have sitting around. I have two of them, one of which is broken and the plug got torn from as well, so it would make a really cool tiny PC case, and a tiny XT would be age-appropriate.. kinda like the mini-ITX casemods of today.. If anyone here ends up getting it and wants the multimeter to mount it in I'll give you it for cost of shipping, providing you promise to take a short video of it working once mounted so I can see. :)

Back