• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Interesting start to 2012.

DOS lives on!!

Veteran Member
A new year has came in, and things have had an interesting start here.

At around 8:30 (eastern) this morning, I was doing the usual. Checking the forum, eating breakfast, and there was freezing rain outside. It must've frozen to one of the power lines and weighed it down, because at that instant I heard what sounded like two cannons firing off. And *POP*, the lights went out. A transformer blew out, and it was smoking badly. AEP came along and restored power later.

Oh, and there was a car on fire this morning too.

Where you at to be having that kind of weather? Just asking because here in New Hampshire we're having one of the warmest and dryest winters I can remember. "Indian Summer" seems to have stretched to December.

Like we've had maybe 4" of snow so far... that was on one day in November and melted two days later; usually we've got 3 to 4 feet on the ground by now.

Also sucks for me, I'm miserable any time the temperature creeps above 65F... hell, I consider 45F to be shorts and T-shirt weather.

I live in the lower part of Southwest Virginia. It has been unusually warm this winter. It only snowed one day in early December, but it was too warm to stick to the ground. But it's supposed to snow near 2 inches tonight and tomorrow.

Heck, on Christmas morning, it reached 63F degrees. That's a first for me to be wearing a short sleeve shirt in the middle of December.:)

I'll set up my Tivo to record NBC and other channels just to record all the people going crazy that day over the supposed end of the Green Planet.
Green Planet, Blue Planet, the overpopulated-in-China Planet, whatever we're called.............that's it, Earth!

We are stable... untill companies start phracking for natural gas. 11 Earthquakes here in 2011 all around the well injection site.

No kidding, that's what I've heard regarding lots of the mass destruction across the US (OK) including even some of the large bird deaths, although I have my personal theory on that which (absolutely hypothetical) but I personally think an infrasonic noise made by mining equipment or other motorized equipment could still potentially shatter the skull cavities of birds flying by, causing a similar affect or poisonous gas in the air from other mining.

Either way I'm really surprised that there isn't more being done about this frack mining crap.

Our holiday weekend resulted my wife's laptop mysteriously having a broken and cracked lcd screen (possibly kids or something happened to it?), she ended up dropping her iphone 4gs which broken that glass screen, fortunately both of these are under warranty, it's just a waiting game while bestbuy ships them off. My phone went missing for a day or two, she gave it back to me yesterday, it has a cracked screen too (older phone, not under warranty but still works).

Maybe these happened prior to the new year though, so perhaps I should just blame 2011 and 2012 is gonna kick ass. Altairs, IMSAIs, Apple II warehouses being discovered and offered to everyone of interest.. yeah.. that type of year maybe.

Back