• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ira's software compliation

Computer Collector

Experienced Member
As asome of you know, thousands of TRS-80 files are available for download at Ira's site:

http://www.trs-80.com/

I think he has virtually every program made for the TRS computers!

In the past, Ive ordered disks from the guy, and he took the time to make them for me. But what I really want to do is download all the programs onto my PC, put them onto 5-1/4" floppy, and make the disks myself to use on my TRS-80. this way I can go through much more software without bothering Ira. Do any of you guys know how easy or hard this is to do? Ive never done it, because, as you know, the TRS-80 line of computers will not read IBM software, so I actually dont even see how its possible. Ira suggests on his website, downloading the programs for an emulator to use on the PC. But I dont want to do that. I just want to use them on my model 4. So what's your suggestion?

The best/easiest way to do it is with an emulator. Set disk :0 with a copy program such as super util, set :1 with the dsk image that you want to write, set :2 as your physical floppy disk (360k 5.25 work best) and then just run the disk backup from :1 :2 works great I've made alot of floppies from .dsk images off Ira's site. The biggest iossue is that most PC disk controllers can't handle SD disks, so just DD's copy well.

katey

Back