• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"IRIS Universe" - the Silicon Graphics house magazine - does anyone have copies they can scan?

AstridRedfern

Hi all,

I recently joined the forums at SGI.sh, and in one thread, a user mentioned having seen several copies of SGI's "IRIS Universe" at the visual effects company they worked at in the late 90s.

(That thread is at https://forums.sgi.sh/index.php?threads/anyone-have-iris-universe-magazine.417/ in case you're interested.)

The post ended with: "I have found very little on the web regarding it. Anyone know if these exist digitally?"

I did a lot of googling and found only two issues online, which I posted links to. These were the Spring 1987 issue (hosted at the Internet Archive) and the Winter 1992 issue at archive.computerhistory.org. I was also able to find partial scans (one article each) of two issues from 1991, and I posted links to these too.

Does anyone have any back issues of IRIS Universe that they would be willing to scan and upload to, say, the Internet Archive? I admit my interest is a little selfish as there's something in the Fall/Autumn 1987 issue I'd like to read, but this is also on behalf of a community who I think would like to see more of their history preserved online.

Cheers,

Astrid.

Back