• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is there a software to transfer/image RANA ELITE Three DS/DD diskettes?

george

Experienced Member
Is there a way to transfer/image RANA ELITE 3 (or previous) DS/DD diskettes? Rana Elite drives are GCR drives connected to a standard Disk II controller but have higher number of tracks and/or sides.

https://applesaucefdc.com/

Now I'm pretty sure it doesn't support them yet, but it'd be worth emailing John so at least that option is on the table. If it connects to a Disk II controller, then he can probably add support for it. Seems like something he might be interested in doing.

https://applesaucefdc.com/

Now I'm pretty sure it doesn't support them yet, but it'd be worth emailing John so at least that option is on the table. If it connects to a Disk II controller, then he can probably add support for it. Seems like something he might be interested in doing.

Applesauce is a bit better but is still in its infancy. We've bought recently that expensive device too. My advice for those who consider obtaining it is to postpone their purchase. I am exchanging weekly messages with John lately. Applesauce still is unable to copy and even image many copy protected Apple2 5.25 diskettes. Of course for RANA it would work with proper software support for additional tracks since RANA diskettes are not copy protected...

Not yet, anyway. I've been uploading copy protected disks for John. He's adding them as he gets them. Just a matter of time. I'm happy to be an early adopter and get it working for others.

Not yet, anyway. I've been uploading copy protected disks for John. He's adding them as he gets them. Just a matter of time. I'm happy to be an early adopter and get it working for others.
One is pretty much forced to work for others since protected images must be sent to someone to "manually" convert them into their working image...Writing back to physical diskette without implementing something like parameter scripts as in Locksmith would not possible...

Back