• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is this a good deal for a huge apple/mac bundle?

Dawgchyper91

Just curious to see if other people on this forum thought this was a good deal.

Normally I post my ads in the local newspaper/online around here in my area looking for vintage computers and there was a woman that happened to message me with all of her apple/mac computers that she has had from the mid 1980s-early 90s. She has quite a few of them, and mentioned that all of them work great and all of the computer are complete with keyboard and mouse except for 1 thats not included with any of those. I rarely come across old macintosh's and would like to know if the price she was asking for is a pretty reasonable one? She was asking 400 dollars for the whole lot. I looked up on ebay and try to compare the mac's that are actually having any bids on them as opposed to "BUY IT NOWS" which anyone can name a price for anything. If you would please take a look at the document that has both description of the computers as well as photos. I definately look forward to your responses in regards to know if this is a reasonable offer :)

Also the macs come with quite a few software and that is listed in part 2 of the document

Here are documents listed in my Google Docs:

Part 1:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14GvdvxDS-MqsWU-T4sWWVDT_XiP7BFXLAncjeb6M3YY/edit

Part 2:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xzRS6SwrC9U60GX4nKcAm7_7sSyDPZuy7wTMLG79tDg/edit

128k Macs (m0001's) are selling for $1000+ on eBay. Even without KB's or Mice. Everything else in this lot is a bonus.

-Matt

Yeah, for 400 bucks, I wouldn't even haggle.

If you need keyboards and mouses, I have a few kicking around. I might even have one for that color classic.

I'll just add them to your bill :)

I definately will go forth and purchase these Macs. And for a lot like this, its a nice addition:) Yeah if you find any you will probably have to add some to the bill Druid :D But like I said in the word document, the owner was saying the color classic is not working at all. She tried turning it on, and nothing. So this might have to be a new project for you in the near future. Love the work that you have done.

Sure, what's another Apple computer from North Carolina :)

I'm absolutely certain that I have a Color Classic keyboard and about 1/2 a dozen other Mac keyboards and, at least, as many mouses. If the CC makes it up here, I'll test the accessories out on it.

BTW, still waiting for the parts for those Disk IIs although one of the chips for both units is on back-order.

The Last Mac 128k I sold on eBay sold for around 150 dollars.. I sold one here to ChromeDome for 200.. That was fairly complete and operational with an external drive and a carrying case, he also got a surprise that the original board had been upgraded to 512k. Before you plunk down the cash, make sure someone didnt upgrade that to a Fat Mac, by way of a mac 512k logic board

Its a nice bundle but I wouldnt pay 400 dollars for that.. Most of those macs are quite common.. If ya wait a bit, I have a big warehouse full of apple stuff, im sorting thru and I can get you most of those complete with keyboard & mouse for 25 bucks each.. The IIGS is pretty stock too.. Thats a 50 dollar machine.. The classic, The SE and the plus.. all 40 and 30 dollar machines all day long.

Hate to see ya waste a ton on macs, when there are cheaper ones out there.. for 400 bucks I could fill your car with Apple IIs and Macs. :p

Hey AppleIIfan,

Thank you for your opinion on this bundle. At the time I am still thinking about purchasing or may give her a best offer. I really appreciate your offer in your macs that you do have. I think the shipping would kill my funds to ship those computers from you over to me. Its the convenience for her bundle since its a couple blocks away from where I like. So if I were to buy this bundle, I should definately look into that mac m0001 to see if it is a true 128k and not a 512? I may take a look at the this weekend. Thanks!

Back