• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

ISO - Mac SE/30 hard disk drive

bettablue

Veteran Member
I am in need of a Mac SE/30 hard disk. Mine died a mysterious death. It was working when I upgraded the system memory, and upgraded the operating system RAM, and put the computer into its carrying bag, but when I went to use the computer about 6 weeks later, it hrew a disk error, which kept me from using it to format some PC floppy disks.

So, I need to replace the computers main disk drive. If someone has a replacement I could purchase, please contact me via PM, and I’ll work with you to purchase the one you might for sale..

I hope to hear from someone soon..

As always, many thanks in advance...

Chiao

Thomas

I’m still looking for a replacement hard disk for my MAC-SE. The drive I originally had, worked fine about 6 months ago. However, when I went to boot the computer, all I got was a floppy disk icon and the computer wouldn’t go any further. I did some ytouble shooting, bou I wasn’t able to go any further.

So pardon my ignorance, but I truly do need some assistance in getting my OL’ friend working again.

So, does anyone know what I need to get this fruit working again? Any takers?

Thanks much.

Chiao

Thomas

It might be cheaper getting a SCSI2SD v5 board than to find a SCSI drive from that era which still has plenty of life left. I use one in my SE/30.

"plenty of life" is the trick. I have a stack of low profile Apple-ROM Quantum 80MB drives that were pulled mostly from IIsi systems, and which should work fine in an SE or SE/30. But there's no way to know which of them will last the longest. They could all be dead already for all I know (They haven't been powered on in years).

I have some 2GB native 50 pin SCSI drives still in the original shipping box (as in never used), but I won't sell cheap. PM me if interested.

I would think it shouldn't be too hard to find some 50 pin SCSI drives. You don't need the apple brand ones either. If you cannot find one, shoot me an email.

Back