• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Jazz 2G and 1G cartridge images

kb2syd

Veteran Member
Does anyone have a Jazz 2G or 1G that they could do a raw dd of and compress and send to me?

I want to see if I can re-write the low level data so I can use what I have under DOS. Right now I can't partition or format what I have because all of the disks were formatted by an industrial SCSI interface. Formatting fails at the end on all the drives. If I put them back into the old machine they format and work flawlessly.

I have both sizes of drive. I don't have the utility disk for either or I'd try that first.

Thanks,
Kelly

What does that entail?

I have 2 external 1gb Jazz drives and a few disks. I havent used them in year, so I am not 100% sure they work (they did last time I tried them).

Let me know what I have to do, and I'll do it for you.

I'll see what I can do about testing them tonight. I am fairly certain that they work.

I have a 2GB drive and blanks, but I don't know what you mean by 'dd'...

And they're installed and working on this machine I'm using now.

dd is a tool under linux/unix/xenix that will dump the raw contents of a disk to an image file (as well as a lot of other interesting things).

I'm hoping that a dd image of a working disk can then be written back to a non working disk and restore the missing bits and whatever custom junk Iomega decided needed to be there.

Right now, I cannot FDISK/FORMAT them to FAT with any tools I have under DOS or WFW 3.11. I can put them back into the AKAI and re-format and re-use them there, but not on a PC.

One thing I might try if I can't get a dd image is formatting for FAT under Linux.

Do you still need the image or the tools? I have the CD and tested my disks and found most of them work.

Yes, I still need images. Let me know how big they are after compression and I can set up ftp access, or you can upload them to rapidshare or something similar.

Ok, I will see what I can do over the weekend, my disks are 1gb disk though.

I had 2 disks that were bad, but I managed to fix via format under DOS using the GUIUtil.exe that comes with the iomega software, nothing else would read the disks.

PM me and I can possibly just send you that utility.

Still intend to send you the info, just havent had the chance to boot up Linux on a machine with one of my Jaz drives connected.

It won't be a tools disk, as it appears my tools disk when belly up on me and I had to format it with the IOMEGA guiutils to get it to work again.

Back