• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

JDR Microdevices catalog archive?

SomeGuy

Veteran Member
Has anyone made an on-line archive of the old JDR Microdevices catalogs? I have seen a nice archive of Tandy/Radio Shack catalogs out there.

Anyway, just thumbing some of my old catalogs and wishing I could still call them up and order some of these parts 8)

jdr.jpg

Sorry to respond to such an old message, but yes, has anyone? I've searched high and low and can't find a single catalog scan. I absolutely LOVED the covers on those magazines.

No, problem. Has it really been almost 10 years?

One interesting thing about them that I didn't realize until more recently is that Robert Tinney, who did covers for BYTE also did the covers for the JDR Microdevices catalogs.

I've still got my stack of catalogs (doesn't have really early ones, they start at some date, I think in 1989) but the only way I could reasonably scan them with what I have is to cut the pages apart so I could feed them in to my document scanner.

Is JDR still in business? Looks like their website is gone.

I remember buying a 4-drive floppy controller from them around 2008. Couldn't believe they still had them in stock.

Is JDR still in business? Looks like their website is gone.

I remember buying a 4-drive floppy controller from them around 2008. Couldn't believe they still had them in stock.
They are on eBay only now. They must have had a lot of old stock because I recall them having ISA cards only a few years ago, and still have a number of black bezel 3.5" drives on their eBay store.

No, problem. Has it really been almost 10 years?

One interesting thing about them that I didn't realize until more recently is that Robert Tinney, who did covers for BYTE also did the covers for the JDR Microdevices catalogs.

I've still got my stack of catalogs (doesn't have really early ones, they start at some date, I think in 1989) but the only way I could reasonably scan them with what I have is to cut the pages apart so I could feed them in to my document scanner.

Interesting. Now I have to go find some Byte magazine covers!

I used to get these catalogs in the early 90s. Of course they are all gone now. So you don't have access to a flatbed scanner? I'd think a thin catalog like those would work well on that. My flatbed is around 22 years old so it itself is vintage I suppose.

Back