• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Juko ST 8088/V20 Motherboard Manual and Software

What software are you expecting to find? Most XT clone motherboards didn't come with any, because there is nothing needing software to enable. Also I'm not sure what is in the manual you would need, beyond the jumpers/switches and memory configuration, and maybe the keyboard command to take it in and out of turbo mode (ctrl-alt-plus and ctrl-alt-minus, most frequently).

I have a Juko ST OEM board (Unique brand name) of which I have the manual.

But, as stated already, there isn't much more in there that you won't find on the link (to Total Hardware 99) already posted.

The Juko ST boards did come with some software. One which was a tsr that enables software mode turbo functionality and the other a RAMDrive driver but, for that you need to install 1 MB of RAM on the board.

I can upload the utilities if you are looking for them.
Just note that my board only supports the NEC V20. I know of certain variants that supported both an 8088 & an NEC V20.

There's also a driver which allows to use the 384 KB of extended memory as EMS, but not very useful, as it places EMS page frame below the 640 KB address, leaving only 576 KB of conventional memory.

I have a Juko ST OEM board (Unique brand name) of which I have the manual.

But, as stated already, there isn't much more in there that you won't find on the link (to Total Hardware 99) already posted.

The Juko ST boards did come with some software. One which was a tsr that enables software mode turbo functionality and the other a RAMDrive driver but, for that you need to install 1 MB of RAM on the board.

Just note that my board only supports the NEC V20. I know of certain variants that supported both an 8088 & an NEC V20.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Please do.

I really wonder why a board that supports the NEC V20 cannot support the 8088. I can imagine that the BIOS can specifically test if a V20 is present and will shut down if not. But replacing the BIOS as well should fix that.

I really wonder why a board that supports the NEC V20 cannot support the 8088.
8088 requires CLK signal with 33% duty cycle, which is obtained by dividing the XTAL frequency by 3.
V20 can work with CLK duty cycle of 33% or 50%, and the latter is obtained by dividing the XTAL by 2.

Those "Super Turbo" boards with V20 @ 12 MHz typically use a 24 MHz XTAL - so you can't simply replace the V20 with an 8088 here.
But it may be possible to jumper the board for the /3 divisor.

Attached the utilities that I received with my Unique (Juko ST clone) motherboard.

Attachments

• Juko (Unique) utilities.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 67
UX Turbo (Juko ST Clone) Mainboard manual

Tried uploading a pdf scanned copy. Unfortunately, there seems to be a forum limit of 48.8 KB for pdf files, which seems a bit strange.
I'd be happy to upload this, if someone has any suggestions on how I can upload a 4.32 MB pdf file.

Tried uploading a pdf scanned copy. Unfortunately, there seems to be a forum limit of 48.8 KB for pdf files, which seems a bit strange.
I'd be happy to upload this, if someone has any suggestions on how I can upload a 4.32 MB pdf file.
If you email it to me (I have PM'ed to you my email address), then I will host the document at [here].

I have this same board abut it is missing the BIOS chips. I have an EPROM burner and EPROMS but I need the file to load onto the EPROM. Would anyone happen to have these files and able to upload them? The board is marked with 2764 and 27256 where the BIOS goes. Not sure if there are two different BIOS availalbe or you need to populate both.

Thanks

I have this same board abut it is missing the BIOS chips. I have an EPROM burner and EPROMS but I need the file to load onto the EPROM. Would anyone happen to have these files and able to upload them? The board is marked with 2764 and 27256 where the BIOS goes. Not sure if there are two different BIOS availalbe or you need to populate both.
Thanks
Welcome to these forums.

Regarding the motherboard that member jesolo wrote of, there may be two versions of that:
* 640 KB of motherboard RAM
* 1 MB of motherboard RAM

I have the 640 KB version, and the motherboard BIOS for that is at [here], in the "Motherboard: Unbranded XT clone (CPU: V20 @ 12 MHz)" entry.

Member Ruud has the 1 MB version, and the photo at [here] shows that motherboard's BIOS to be a Juko 2.30 one. Pointers to that BIOS are at [here].

How do I dump bios with a program? I don't really wanna pull the chip if I can help it.
Generally speaking, the preference is always to use an EPROM programmer, because of things like, odd/even, reversed address bits, mangled address bits and/or data bits.
However, I have yet to see those kinds of things being done on an XT-class motherboard that has only one BIOS ROM.
Assuming the norm for an XT-class clone motherboard: 8 KB sized, sitting at address FE000.
See the information at [here].

Thanks for the links. That should solve my motherboard issue now I just have to find the BIOS file for the 8 bit EGA card. Appears that someone was harvesting the EPROMs from these boards.

I have these Utils as well.. But the source floppy disk seems to have a bad readable sector on it (due age)

But few years earlier i saved the files on a 1.44MB which i dont know where its hiding.

If my 386 runs, trying to make a copy of the source diskette, because its bootable.

I read the manual and saw that the UX had a 15MHz version?! Anyone ever seen one of those?
I have the Juko NEST, which the seller claimed was a 15MHz version. Though, I've only ever been able to clock it at 10MHz. Interestingly it does use a 30MHz clock crystal...I wonder how to get it to use a 50% duty cycle...

Back