• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Just got: HP Vectra VL 6/400 and I am liking it! (faceplate needed)

The slocket thing did not work, I tried several things but there is next to no documentation on it, it was definitely generic and seems like the only people that know anything about it were the mainboard manufacturers that came up with them.

Lesson learned, I will never buy another of these. It was only $6 shipped but that could have gone to something at least useful.

The only other Slot 1 processor I own is a 800eb/256/133/1.65v PIII and am going to go look and see if it will work. Though I doubt it.

While I had the case open I managed to get one of the hard drives from my dead P4 in it, not properly but reading, so I have a place to install whatever and store whatever else. Small victory :)

So for all the search engines to pick up: DO NOT BUY A 370SP SOCKET ADAPTER THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND NOTHING EXISTS FOR DOCUMENTATION.

I think google will pick that up. My question about this thing was on page two with the rest of this pos's posts, dating from when it was made.

When I tried to run the Bios upgrade to make the floppy, for some reason it isn't reading the floppy drive. It's there and spins up when the computer boots but Windows doesn't see it.

Don't remember, but I'll certainly keep an eye out. What about that HP tape drive - useful or scrap?

Personally, I like DLT drives a lot, but in general, people don't seem to be interested in tape drives any longer. You can run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes, I guess.

I'd be tempted with your Proliant MBs, but shipping from the other side of the border is ridiculous.

The slocket thing did not work, I tried several things but there is next to no documentation on it, it was definitely generic and seems like the only people that know anything about it were the mainboard manufacturers that came up with them.

Lesson learned, I will never buy another of these. It was only $6 shipped but that could have gone to something at least useful.

When I tried to run the Bios upgrade to make the floppy, for some reason it isn't reading the floppy drive. It's there and spins up when the computer boots but Windows doesn't see it.

Don't say I didn't warn you. On these things, it's best to search the various Overclockers' forums to see what the consensus is.

The EB won't work--it's 133 FSB. I might have a Slot I P3 500/100/2.0 kicking around. If you'd like, we could swap for something.

Don't know what your floppy problem is, unless it's the usual one of dust getting sucked in and contaminating the floppy innards. It's happened to me more than once. I believe that pressing ESC during POST will give you a detailed summary of what your system sees.

Back